- PTR – Wayne Vore explains why he is excited for this season. Even after the Chicago loss his points are still valid.
- 48MoH – People were worried that the Spurs would be without a defensive stopper on the perimeter. George Hill could be that player with his long arms and tenacious defense. Timothy Varner makes the point that Hill should see more minutes.
- Express-News – Buck Harvey discusses the Spurs deepest team ever. Even after a poor showing by the bench in Chicago I am excited by the second unit.
- Express-News – The Spurs picked up Hill’s option for next year, so maybe they are planning on having him long term. Good move in my opinion.
- 48MoH – On the other hand, the Spurs decided to not pick up Mahinmi’s option. This makes sense because he has failed to crack the rotation so far and it’s likely that Tiago Splitter will join the team next year and take Mahinmi’s spot.
- mlive – Detroit Pistons beat writer A. Sherrod Blakely predicts how each conference will play out. He has the Spurs winning it all and Tim Duncan bringing home the MVP trophy. I don’t think Duncan will have the minutes or numbers to outperform LeBron, Kobe or Wade.
- Express-News – An advance scout gives his opinion of each Spurs player.
- Express-News – Jeff McDonald takes a look at five burning questions for the Spurs. For me it all comes down to health.
- Sportige – Of the ten oldest players in the league, two are currently Spurs. Two more are former Spurs. Shocking.