• San Antonio Spurs’ rookie James Anderson will likely head to the Austin Toros to rehab his foot injury by the end of the week reports Express News’ Tim Griffin:
Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said that No. 1 draft pick James Anderson will likely play in the NBA’s Developmental League by the end of the week as he recovers from a stress fracture in his right foot.
Popovich said that Anderson’s rehabilitation will be stepped up this week.
“This coming week, he’ll be going one-on-one, two-on-two, three-on-three,” Popovich said. “He’ll have his first contact and towards the end of the week he’ll be headed to the D-League.”
• While Anderson wil be headed to the Toros, the newest Spur, who will fill in for Anderson, Larry Owens signed a 10-day contract and had this to say about coming to the NBA’s best team:
• Tim Duncan speaks about getting a fifth NBA title this season:
“That’s in the back of our minds,” Duncan admitted. “We want to have that top seed, that homecourt advantage throughout, all that stuff, every advantage that you can get you wanna take. So we’re off to a good start, we have a good lead and we want to sustain it.” (source nba.com)
• Though Spurs fans may be complaining about the lack of respect but coach Gregg Popovich doesn’t care as usual:
Gregg Popovich knows the truth, and he couldn’t care less about any perceived lack of respect.
“We’ve never been the storyline, even when we’ve won championships,” the Spurs coach said Wednesday night in Milwaukee. “We’re pretty used to that. It’s just the lay of the land and the nature of the beast. (source Express News)
• Spurs’ Manu Ginobili speaks about injuries:
• Project Spurs’ Michael De Leon met Hirschof of Pounding the Rock at Friday’s Spurs-Dallas Mavericks game and Hirschof speaks about his rookie experience covering a game. Thank goodness Mike didn’t get smacked:
It was probably best that I didn’t give any more effort into the catch. If I leaned back any further, I would have flipped out of my bear trap of a chair and, more than likely, smacked the Project Spurs representative. At least it would have been the perfect night cap for a bumbling rookie.
(videos courtesy of woai.com)