- John Smallwood of Philly.com handed out his NBA awards heading into the All Star break. Look who he had as his MVP thus far:
But I do have co-MVPs – Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, of the San Antonio Spurs.
- Stephen Brotherston of Hoopsworld wrote an excellent piece on the San Antonio Spurs’ latest gem, Gary Neal:
Neal has developed his offensive skills, his basketball knowledge and matured physically and emotionally. The Spurs have once again found themselves a player who has made an immediate impact and the rest of the league just overlooked.
- Sam Smith of Bulls.com answered questions from his mailbag. One of the questions was regarding Tim Duncan getting picked over Portland’s LaMarcus Aldridge for the All Star Game:
But the coaches picked him. I was surprised. I thought the commissioner would add him, though the coaches likely wanted to honor the Spurs’ record with two guys and already had the allotment of guards.Hit the “read more” button to find out Bonner’s role in the NBA bargaining agreement, changes during the Jerry Sloan era and whether Tim Duncan has ever eaten a sandwich with Matt Bonner.
- Paul Jones of sportsnet.ca get’s Matt Bonner’s take on the NBA bargaining agreement:
Remember, Bonner is a guy who does not live lavishly and will be running for the players’ union vice-presidency, but also understands that when you give something up in a negotiation, it’s sometimes really hard to get it back in the next agreement.
- After Jerry Sloan officially retired yesterday, Tim Griffin took a look at some of the changes in history that occurred during Sloan’s tenure of 23 years coaching:
During his time with the Jazz, Sloan competed against six Spurs coaches: Larry Brown, Bob Bass, Jerry Tarkanian, John Lucas, Bob Hill and Gregg Popovich.
- WOAIs Don Harris asks Tim Duncan if he’s ever dined with “The Sandwich Hunter” Matt Bonner, look what Tim had to say: