The Brewers entered today’s game looking for a little momentum, instead they ended up losing both on the scoreboard and in terms of players. San Francisco used a three run 6th inning to beat Milwaukee 5-2. That was the only loss the Brewers suffered either.
Early in the game the Brewers suffered yet another injury to a player as shortstop Alex Gonzalez sprained his knee sliding into second base on a steal. He was replaced by Cesar Izturis in the game.
However don’t expect him to be the long term replacement as word out of Nashville is that shortstop Edwin Maysonette is not in the starting lineup as he was scheduled to be, which usually means a call up is coming his way.
MIL: Randy Wolf: (2-3, 6.68 ERA): 6IP, 9H, 4R, 4ER, 0BB, 3K (102 pitches, 68 strikes)
SF: Madison Bumgarner: (5-1, 2.31 ERA): 7IP, 6H, 1R, 1ER, 1BB, 5K (110 pitches, 75 strikes)
Brewers Highlights: Giants Highlights:
Ryan Braun: 1-4, 1HR (8), 1RBI (18), .281 avg.
Buster Posey: 2-4, 1RBI (11)
Madison Bumgarner: 1-3, 1RBI (1)
– Randy Wolf did quite well today until the 6th inning when he gave up three runs. This might have been the best outing we’ve seen from him if it weren’t for that dreaded 6th inning.
– With the injury and pending MRI for Gonzalez it makes 4 straight games with an injury to a Brewers starter. Seriously this stuff is just getting ridiculous in nature.
– I wasn’t shocked but find it completely funny that of all the fans in MLB to boo someone for anything relating to PED’s that the Giants fans would do so. After all they were the ones cheering for the biggest cheat of all-time. Shouldn’t they be applauding Braun?
– The loss insurses that Milwaukee will have a losing road trip out west.
– I thought Bill Schroeder more than held his own with whoever that guy in the announce booth with him was. It must have been hard working with that guy. Seriously, could the guy have made the game any more boring to watch?