As noted by Bob Wolfley yesterday, the Brewers’ 2010 television schedule includes a nice surprise — 157 of the team’s 162 games will be televised this year, and all 136 FS Wisconsin games will be in high definition. That’s a huge improvement over the past few years…they’ve gone from 17 in 2006 and 2007 to 65 in 2008 and 95 last year. Unfortunately, we’ll still have to deal with 15 WMLW games. They claim to broadcast in standard def, but I’m pretty sure we’d get better video quality if someone set up a Skype camera in centerfield.
But let’s not dwell on WMLW. Let’s focus on the positives here — think of all the things we’ll be able to see with so many HD games this year…
- Check out the progress on what seems to be Corey Hart’s pursuit of a sleeve of ink.
- Feel the pain when Rickie Weeks is hit by a pitch.
- Determine whether or not Doug Davis’ facial hair was drawn on with a Sharpie.
- Look for Doug Melvin’s missing mustache.
- See if any of Prince Fielder’s moonshots do in fact land on the moon.
- Be able to tell the exact moment Alcides Escobar removes his braces.
- Watch Jeff Suppan collect dust as the long man in the bullpen. Hey, he approves.
The next goal for Brewers TV — The Brewers in 3-D! On Ice!