1) Is Bradshaw a fumbler? He fumbled ‘twice’ vs SF and one of them was the ground causing the fumble, so yes he fumbled once. ALL Season. 29 touches. NOT ENOUGH DATA to make a conclusion. If he had two fumbles on 29 touches, there ‘might’ be cause for concern, if he had zero that would not be enough data there either. Give him the ball.
2) Ward works for me as well. He’s not as dynamic as Bradshaw but he is doing great, he hits the hole fast enough to get it done.
3) Jacobs is important, just not enough to get ~57% of the carries amongst the three of them.
4) I was out on an errand last evening and heard a caller on WFAN ask about David Carr. The host (I couldn’t tell you his name) shot down Carr like a clay pigeon. Dismissed him completely, said the Giants were totally done without Manning. I would not go that far. The caller and host started talking about how he stunk at Houston, and all I can think is that these two bozos are clueless… Houston? The most sacks in history? Tom Brady would have gotten killed in Houston, and my grandmother could QB this Giants team with how well the OL is playing. (Tomorrow’s post.) Of course Carr is a big dropoff, but he is much better than LorezenWrightWoodson et al. Our championship hopes would take a beating, but I think that the OL is playing so well right now that he would have a shot. Not a big shot, but a shot.
5) Speaking of OL, Diehl will be tested by DeMarcus Ware this weekend. He has trouble with the speed rusher, and Ware is at the top of his game (9 sacks). Just give him some help, because the rest of the DL for the Cowboys is not that great.
6) Tuck on the Cowboys: “They hate us, we hate them.” That is about it.
7) If I am Coughlin, I have the comments from Wade Phillips (last January) on the bulletin board that the terd made after “the best team” lost.
8) Motown Blue Burke- the two back alignment works for me, but the problem is that you are thinking logically. We’ll have none of that around here. Some of the people who want to get technical about it will tell you that (a) they use Hedgecock for the FB blocking duties and (b) Jacobs/Ward/Bradshaw don’t want to block for one another. Jacobs can be your FB (hey, he’ll get back to the line of scrimmage faster if he gets the call!), Jacobs can make punishing lead blocks anyway. ANYTHING TO SHAKE UP TENDENCY and keep’em guessing.
9) Witten has a broken rib but will play.Maybe Phillips can break another one. (and Wonder jokes the Giants should PREY the Cowboys actually are stupid enough to play him… they’ll hit him in the ribs one time and maybe put him on IR for the rest of the season… logically the Boys should sit him for this one week and give him 3 weeks rest thru the bye.)
10) In that same link there is a quickie about Jerry Jones being nominated for consideration into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Ya kiddin’ me, right? He’s an owner the past ~20 years who has been a good businessman and marketing guy for his brand. But Hall Of Fame? More like gall and shame. Mara got in after ~70 years of involvement with the franchise.
11) The gmen are -9 over the Boys. The Ultimatenyg most-hated divisional rival was/is/and always will be the Eagles, but I do admit to having a special interest in seeing the Boys get buried this weekend. Perhaps it is because not only does winning mean a lot for our chances, but I really do want to see Phillips and Jones out of the playoffs… at 5-4 things will get a little tougher for that Wild Card. We’ll take a win by any score, but making a statement on Sunday would be nice.