Wonder weighs in on the Denver game today, the NFC East and the NFL.
When the Giants have the ball
- Short passing game, TE and RB
- Use Wilson in the air
- 3 and out for the offense puts the defense in harm's way (think H1 of DAL game), so control the ball
- and the "duh," don't turn the ball over 6 times
When the Broncos have the ball
- Peyton doesn't have an arm- attack the line
- Press Coverage
- Eliminate short cross patterns underneath
- Don't worry about the Den running game
- Hit Peyton
- Don't let Peyton dink and dunk you
- LET HIM BEAT YOU OVER THE TOP- it's ok, he will not be able to do that enough of the time
- Entire division is flawed
- RGIII favoring knee, so Morris will not have the 2012 year he had because defenses will not be worried about RGIII running
- The pace of the Eagles O will send Jackson, Vick or McCoy down with an injury, and then PHI suffers
- PHI defense is weak
- For NYG, combo of no run game and soft Defense is bad combo. Eli will need to win a lot of games. Loss of Stevie Brown really hurt.
- NYG can win the division, because division is up for grabs
Around the NFL:
- SF vs DEN in the Super Bowl, SF to win it
- Does NE get real Gronk back, if they do, he will bring their Offense back to speed much faster
- AFC is weak
- CIN to win a weaker division, despite Marvin Lewis
- HOU makes playoffs but not sold on Kubiak and Schaub once they get there
- SF and SEA make playoffs, but in what order?
- If Marshall can stay healthy, CHI can unseat GB
ATL schedule harder, defense is "?" so N.O. can win division. Still not sold on ATL.