So far we have given you Wonder’s Top 5 at each position and his Top 31 VALUE BOARD. Wonder is a value guy. REPEAT- Wonder is a value guy. When you stray from Wonder’s VALUE BOARD (see post yesterday) he is going to let you know. When you trade down so that you stay in line with value, you get wonder-ful praise. When you reach you get trashed. (Wait till the sparks fly from Wonder on Saturday.) Without further ado, here is Wonder’s 2008 Round 1 NFL Mock Draft.
1. MIA– J. Long..safe but WRONG for value
2. STL– MUST and will take Dorsey..it’s TURF !!..Cariker MUST move outside..all of a sudden, their DL starts to control the line..their speed off the ball..and power..AWESOME !!
3. ATL– will, and should, take Ryan..if not, Gholston
4. OAK– will take C. Long
5. KC– Ryan or Gholston. MUST TOTALLY rebuild..of course, I would start by firing the coach who lost 9 straight games..but what do I know..they are NOT crazy to trade J Allen…IF they get good value for him, start over and YOUNG..and IF Ryan avail, MUST take him..let him sit for TWO years while you rebuild OL, etc…
6. NYJ– McFadden. IF Ryan avail..MUST draft and play POKER!! Would also consider keeping Ryan and MOVING either Clemens or Penn. while Ryan sat..would think if ATL went with Dorsey or Gholston, that Blanks would LOVE to get Pennington “cheap”..perhaps their first 3rd round pick and a 5th rounder..win win for both teams…Atl gets character, etc…if not, Jets MUST take McF..if ALL gone (both Longs, Gh, McF, Dorsey) then must take Gholston…best would be to take him and THEN TRADE down…maximizes value AND stops NE from taking him…I think he MAY be awesome..but could be a bust as he really needs to play a 4-3end a la J Abraham in my opinion.. move down..grab Merling, Balmer, DRC, Mendenhall/Stewart,etc..make SURE YOU GET HARDY !!! (or Sweed or Kelly)..need BIG red zone presence.
7. NE– Rivers (betting they trade DOWN to CINC/N.O)
8. BALT– Ellis. MUST TRADE UP AT ALL COSTS TO TAKE RYAN even if “overpay”…their team is getting old on D…IF “protected” and not asked to do too much in ’08, Ryan could step right in ala big ben.
9. CINC– They’re PISSED but grab either McKelvin or DRCromartie
10. NO– McKelvin or DRC (better potential)
11. BUF– Devin Thomas before the mice get at him…might be a little high..BUT the thought of Evans/Thomas surrounding Edwards and Lynch is REALLY a cinch…just a “catching” TE and they’re there…they should go for Kellen Davis
12. DEN– MUST GET OT AND DT…solution? trade for D-Rob and draft Clady…who is a GREAT pass blocker…MUST protect CUTLER!!
13. CAR-…real tough decision…but I think Stewart is best…team with Williams…great pot RB’s…
14. CHI– MUST be able to RUN and PROTECT…IF they believe they can turn him around and get him in shape, OTAH is the way to go..I know Mendenhall is attractive here…native son and all…but they need HELP on OL…
15. DET- MENDENHALL before CHI changes their minds !!! not even a close decision..
16. AZ– really tough…but I think Merling is a good fit here…may also grab “leftover” of DRC, Rivers, McKelvin
17. MINN– need DE real bad..I believe they will obtain J ALLEN from KC, so…draft choice goes to KC..assuming they DID NOT get Ryan at #5, they should have gone after ALBERT at 5 and Harvey here…
18. HOU– they’re sick all RB’s are gone…real sick..have to decide…I say go get a tough, tall Possession receiver opposite Johnson (who is double, triple teamed every week)….HARDY or SWEED, whichever they like more…alternative is to grab Mayo and really ramp up that D that got brewing..if McKelvin, DRC is left, may grab one of them..
19. PHI– MUST take WR ..take either HARDY or Sweed…however, if they move Shepard and one of CB’s is left, that’s who they’ll take…also, like Mayo here as a poss..
20. TB– wow…what are they to do ?? all depends on “before them”…I would love to take Groves here to be the new “Brooks”…if not, Balmer..
21. WASH– also depends on before them..but I like Keller here..could REALLY help Campbell a LOT.
22. DAL– Jenkins…UNLESS a WR is left…would NEVER take D Jackson here
23. PIT– they’re sick no OT they want is here..but they’re still going take Cherilus
24. TENN– DESP for WR…they’re going to reach here…but Kelly is a decent gamble if all others gone…if he gets his head on straight…big target over the middle for Young
25. SEA– really pissed Keller is gone…so they grab Cason to play opp Trufant…may overreach to grab Bennett
26. JAX– TRADE DOWN…try to grab Bryant in 2nd round to replace Stroud…or misjudge and grab williams
27. SD– TRADE DOWN- wanted Cherilus…but I think Baker would be a good RT for them
28.DAL– Felix Jones…prob a mistake..but could be a “parttime” home run hitter opp Barber
29. SF– best CB for them that’s left…
30. GB– MUST GRAB QB of their choice to groom and/or back up and/or BE their #1 if Rodgers bombs…
31. NYG– Lofton, Connor, Porter or other CB…whoever they think is best value here…would DIE if Groves still avail