Here’s a little something I came across over at Ramblings From The Runway, written by Chip Malafronte who writes for the New Haven Register. The 2007 UCONN football schedule is pretty much set as far as the teams they will play but nothing official as far as dates or times. It seems as though Navy dropped UCONN from their football schedule. No reason as to why Navy did this. So let’s take a look at what we know for the schedule next year:
- September 1st at Duke. Duke was 0-12 last season.
- September 8th vs Maine. Maine was 6-5 last season and plays in Division 1-AA.
- September 15th vs Temple. Temple was 0-11 last season.
- September 22nd at Virginia. Virginia was 5-7 last season. This game seems to me like it will be UCONN’s first test of the season.
- Akron replaced the Navy game on the schedule for next year. The game was to be played on November 10th. Akron was 5-7 last season.
- The Big East games at home for next season will be South Florida, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Louisville. The Big East road games will be West Virginia, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati.
Right now, I can see UCONN going 4-0 thru the first 4 games. That would mean that the Huskies would have to go 2-5 in the Big East schedule to be bowl eligible. Without knowing who will be quarterbacking the Huskies this season, this does seem like a possibility. Every team in the Big East will be good as evidenced by the Big East’s 5-0 record in bowl games. This doesn’t include the Akron Zips game. So will 2007 be the year the Huskies play in another bowl game? Only time will tell.