Mid-Week Update

Time for some more links for you on this Wednesday afternoon.

Neil Best has been blogging like crazy today in his Newsday Watchdog blog. He breaks news that TBS will assign Chip Carey and Tony Gwynn to the Yankees’ American League Division Series no matter who or where they play. And Best says the New York Islanders have created a “blog box” section on its website. Finally, Best writes that Mets and Yankees fans are hopeful that Cablevision, Dish Network and Verizon Fios will add TBS HD in time for the League Division Series next week, but it’s not looking good.

I’m not sure if MLB.com will stream the afternoon LDS games next week. If it does, I’ll certainly let you know.

Over at Dan Patrick’s website, the countdown to his new show is now at less than five days. He has a new statement on Brett Favre. He also has a new blog over at WordPress to go along with his interactive site. Also, there’s a clip in the video section of him calling Mike Tirico last week. Go check it out.

From the Oregon Daily Emerald, the student newspaper of the University of Oregon, we discover that ESPN’s College Gameday will be heading to the Eugene campus this Saturday.

Ray McNulty of the Sebastian (FL) Sun writes that ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack has had a stellar year on the network thus far. You may remember Cossack and Fox News’ Greta Van Susteren first gained notoriety for being legal analysts for CNN during the OJ Simpson trial.

Dale Anderson of the Buffalo News writes that long time sportscaster Don Criqui was one of six inducted into the Buffalo Broadcasting Hall of Fame last night.

Minneapolis’ Mayor has declared Saturday, Big Ten Network Day in the city.

John Carlson of the Des Moines Register is getting fed up of not being able to see the Cubs or the Iowa Hawkeyes because of blackout restrictions.

ESPN’s and MASN’s Gary Thorne writes in the Bangor (ME) Daily News about the danger of broadcasters not being objective thanks to team or league-created Regional Sports Networks. Thorne calls Orioles games on MASN, created by O’s owner Peter Angelos. Nothing like calling the kettle black, Gary.

Multichannel News’ Kent Gibbons reports that DirecTV has added 21 channels in HD including TBS HD, a shared channel for Versus and Golf Channel in HD in addition to the NFL Network and the Big Ten Network.

Those are your links for now

Arrow to top