Three University of South Carolina players were named to the 2007 SEC All-Conference team as selected by Rivals.com, it was announced yesterday.
- Captain Munnerlyn, earned a spot on the first-team defense, tied for the team lead with three interceptions while logging 47 tackles, including 40 solo stops, in 11 games.
- Kenny McKinley, earned a spot on the second team, led the team with a school-record 77 receptions for a team-best 968 yards and team-leading nine touchdowns. He leads the SEC in receptions (77), receptions per game (6.42) and is second in receiving yards per game (80.7). He led the team in receptions in 10 of 12 games and in receiving yards in nine of 12 contests. He had four 100-yard receiving games, including a career-high 14-catch, 151-yard effort against Tennessee. He has caught a pass in 33 straight games.
- Safety Emanuel Cook, also was a 2nd team choice, leads the Gamecocks with 92 tackles, including 77 solo stops. He ranks sixth in the SEC, averaging 8.4 tackles per game. He also is tied for the team lead with three interceptions.
The Sporting News also named Six University of South Carolina players to the 2007 SEC All-Freshman Team yesterday. All six Gamecocks are true freshmen and its’ interesting to note that the Gamecocks were represented by more members on the 25-man squad than any other Southeastern Conference school.
- On Offense – Wide receiver Dion Lecorn and tight end Weslye Saunders.
- On Defense – DT Ladi Ajiboye, DE Travian Robertson and LB Cliff Matthews
- On Special Teams – Chris Culliver was selected as the kick returner.
(h/t: the cool chicken)