UConn Huskies senior point guard A.J. Price has been named a finalist for the Bob Cousy Award presented by The Hartford.
The Bob Cousy Award presented by The Hartford is given to the top collegiate male basketball point guard annually spanning across all divisions within the game by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The selection criteria emphasize leadership, team work, success, and fundamentals as being critical parts for the game of basketball as a point guard. Nominations are solicited from across the country from head coaches and the winner is selected by a Blue Ribbon Selection Committee made up of the biggest names in college basketball. Nominations for the 2009 award have been collected.. Fans can now vote for Award Finalists.
Here are the 17 finalists. You can vote for the player to receive the fan vote over at cousyaward.com.
- AJ Price-University of Connecticut
- David Arseneault-Grinnell College
- Darren Collison-UCLA
- Darren Duncan-Merrimack College
- Dominic James-Marquette University
- Eric Maynor-Virginia Commonwealth University
- Jeff Teague-Wake Forest University
- Jeremy Pargo-Gonzaga University
- Jonny Flynn-Syracuse University
- Levance Fields-University of Pittsburgh
- Patrick Mills-St. Mary’s College
- Sean Wallis-Washington University
- Sheron Collins-University of Kansas
- Stephen Curry-Davidson College
- Toney Douglas-Florida State University
- Ty Lawson-University of North Carolina
- Virgil Buensuceso-BYU – Hawaii