- INJURY UPDATE: Uh oh. Kelvim Escobar’s shoulder is aching again and he is being shutdown indefinitely. Escobar insists he will pitch again this year, but I really doubt it and the Angels would be wise to move forward under the impression that Escy is done for the season and get some bullpen help on the trade market.
- Steve Bisheff takes a break from being a black cloud to give Sean O’Sullivan some credit for hanging tough in last night’s win.
- No way was Vlad going to get away with shaving his head without catching some flack for it. A one-liner from Scioscia on Vlad’s new look, “They found the Dead Sea Scrolls in there.” Nice. Too bad they didn’t find his swing in there at the same time.
- The Angels are meeting with draft pick and U of Washington Jake Locker and are hopeful on getting him signed, though that means convincing him to give up football. Getting Locker signed would be a huge win for the Angels.
- Scot Shields feels good about opting for knee surgery and credits Gary Matthews with talking him into it.
- Mike Scioscia finished tied for third place (with Joe Maddon) in a poll of MLB players on which manager they would most want to play for. Bobby Cox finished first.
- Torii Hunter is now fourth in AL outfielder All-Star voting but he is going to need some serious help to move into third and be named a starter.
Mavericks 9hr ago
Mavericks legend Dirk Nowitzki is a lock to be voted into the Hall of Fame, but even he’s humble to admit that there’s another player in his (…)
Promoted 10hr ago
The French Open begins on Sunday from Roland Garros. When events are on clay you can basically throw the seeds out the window when (…)
Mets 11hr ago
Weather wiped out the New York Mets (26-31) last night, but their slim playoff hopes still took a hit. The Miami Marlins won last night to (…)