Wolves Updates 11/11

Click here for the forum’s thread for tonight’s game against Portland

Game previews:
The Wolves’ 41-point loss in Oakland, Calif., matched the worst defeat in franchise history, a 113-72 rout at Miami on March 5, 1996, and led to strong criticism from Kahn about the players’ competitiveness and a subtle warning if he senses a trend.

“I don’t want to sugarcoat what I feel was a lack of fight from our team Monday night,” Kahn said of the Wolves’ 146-105 loss. “It’s inexcusable and unacceptable, for any one game, for us not to put up the requisite fight. I hope it does not become a pattern. If it does, it will be remedied. We will not spend an entire season tolerating that.”

Jefferson has averaged 15.3 points and 6.1 rebounds in the first eight games. He averaged 23.1 points and 11 rebounds in an offense structured around his low-post skills before he was injured 50 games into last season.

His 12-point, 10-rebound game Sunday at Portland was his first double-double of the season. He had 30 double-doubles in those 50 games last season.

Meanwhile, Rambis preaches patience.

And patience was difficult to come by for Jefferson on Monday night at Oracle Arena. His comments reflected how he is taking all the losing in his sixth pro season.

“Very hard, man,” Jefferson said. “Very hard.”

Jonah Ballow and John Focke/Timberwolves site talk about the Wolves recent struggles (audio)

The Timberwolves haven’t had an All-Star in three years, when Kevin Garnett was still with the team. It’s a long shot this season, too, with the Wolves off to another rough start. They will take a 1-7 record into Wednesday’s game against Portland.

From Canis Hoopus: Oleksiy Pecherov is a Google Image Goldmine
Ariel (Albany, N.Y.): Right now, through 3 games, Ricky Rubio is averaging 6.3 points, 6.3 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.7 steals in 23 minutes per game. Is it a good thing he didn’t come over this year?

Chris Sheridan: Euro stats aren’t always a good measure of a player’s worth because the game is played so differently over there (Exhibit A: Compare Brandon Jennings’ stats with Milwaukee and with Roma). I think it is a bad thing for the NBA that he didn’t come over because I think all the world’s best players should play in the world’s best league, and I’ve seen him play a lot, and he’s worth the price of admission.

Former Timberwolves guard Rashad McCants is still unemployed. He got a look from Houston and is now looking overseas.
Arrow to top