I’ll be on the road all of Friday, so I will not be able to post. I’ll be on the lookout for Volkswagen Jettas and gypsies and tweet all about it when I hit a red light.
I know you’re going to miss me, so here are some links to keep you sane:
- I really wanted to post Mark Schlereth’s “Changing of the Hat” ceremony from Mike & Mike yesterday, but they freaking blocked the embedding and I couldn’t get it, uh, illegally. In the video, Schlereth officially declares his new fandom for the Detroit Tigers, so I suggest you watch it. Take note of the douche intern they have bring in the hat. He gets punked because he brings it in too early and proceeds to march like a zombie with a snake up his butt.
- I still like the Granderson/Jackson trade after a couple days to think about it some more. I love Granderson and was a big fan of his, but DD dug himself a hole with contracts and the Tigers current roster wasn’t getting it done. I admire DD for essentially admitting his mistakes, but more importantly, for taking a large gamble to shake things up and potentially make the Tigers better than they were in the past four years. I’m sorry, but the Tigers made it to the World Series just once with Granderson (and he was awful in that WS). The Tigers were not only supposed to be playoff locks after 2006, but World Series champs. They did neither. Granderson/Jackson were the only Tigers other teams wanted (aside from untouchables JV, Porcello, and Cabrera). It’s nothing personal, it’s not meant to say that Granderson’s connection with the fans is meaningless, but it’s to say that at the end of the day, this is still about what’s best for the baseball team we should all be bigger fans of, not just a single fan favorite. Also, the more I think about it, the more I think that this team was getting boring. People had their similar expectations, but the bitching about the bad contracts was getting monotonous and tired. That will still exist ad nauseum, but now people can also focus on losing Granderson, and Tigers fans can get excited about the prospect of having younger, better talent. Kudos, DD.
- Pistons picked up their fourth win in a row last night. Four injuries and ‘Melo dropped 40? No problemo.
- Tiger Woods is being linked to 11+ broads and now there are text messages being made public. He also paid for prostitutes? Hey, want to hear a joke I heard today? What’s the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa Clause? Santa stops after three ho’s. Oh! Merry Christmas, Tiger Woods.
- Steelers lost to the Browns? Via the transitive property, that makes the Steelers worse than the Lions (with Matthew Stafford). Seriously, what a tank job by the Steelaz. They’ve lost five straight to fall to 6-7 and will most likely miss the playoffs. Devastating. I love it.
- Brush up on your Randy Moller. I will have a post about this genius announcer in the coming days. Be very prepared.
- From Hot Clicks, here is a video of a German goalkeeper taking a piss in the middle of a soccer match. Note the follow up jiggle when he gets back in the box.
- Man who video taped Erin Andrews nikked is going to plead guilty to interstate stalking charges and to being sexually aroused. I hope that sick bastard fries.
- A bet’s a bet! Saints fans shoot a man’s 60 inch TV after he bets that they wouldn’t beat the Redskins. A) What a moron. B) What redneck makes a bet that would allow his facebook friends to come over and shoot his TV? This guy. C) These guys are very drunk in the video. D) Guy at the 2:36 minute completely misses the 60 inch TV and claims it went straight through it. No it didn’t. D) Homeboy has Saints tattooed on his head. E) Who dat going to beat them Saints?
I enjoyed this season of Always Sunny and The League. I thought the League was more consistently funny, but they have the luxury of being fresh while ‘Sunny’ is on Season 5 now, so there’s a lot more pressure. I’m looking forward to watching the re-runs, Season 6 of Sunny, and Season 2 of The League.
Buckle up your seatbelts, I’m out of here.