- The Story: Spring Training tickets are now on pre-sale for the Angels. The Monkey Says: Signing up via that link allows you to qualify for the pre-sale, so go nuts.
- The Story: The Angels have released their promotional giveaways for the season. The Monkey Says: I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait for Rally Monkey Soap Dispenser Night. Soap totally rules.
- The Story: Erick Aybar is fine after leaving a Domincan Winter League game early a few days ago. The Monkey Says: Apparently he just tweaked his back a little bit and it is nothing to be concerned about.
- The Story: Eight Angels filed for salary arbitration over the weekend. The Monkey Says: Aybar, Kendrick, Izturis, Weaver, Saunders, Mathis, Napoli and Willits are all headed for arbitration, which is probably a big reason the Halos were so frugal this off-season. Depending on how all the new salary figures shake out, don’t surprised if someone like Izturis or Napoli or Mathis ends up getting dealt away to save some money.
- The Story: A fan’s guide to the Cactus League. The Monkey Says: If you have never been to Spring Training, I highly recommend it. I went for the first time last year and had a blast even at games that did not involve the Angels.
- The Story: A profile of prospect Robert Mosebach. The Monkey Says: Mosebach wasn’t thought highly enough by the Angels to be protected in last season’s Rule V draft, but he ended up getting returned to the team and even got a brief call-up to the bigs. Though he isn’t a high-profile prospect, he has an outside shot at making the Angels out of Spring Training thanks to his live fastball.
- The Story: A profile of prospect Andrew Taylor. The Monkey Says: Taylor is a potential closer prospect, but he’s still years away from being major league ready.
- The Story: AngelsWin.com presents their Top 50 Halo prospects for 2010. The Monkey Says: Easily the biggest surprise on the list is Jordan Walden falling all the way down to #15 after being considered arguably the top prospect in the system this time last year. I also find it interesting that so many of the Angels’ 2009 draft picks rank so highly which makes me wonder if they just had a great draft or if their farm system was just that bad.
Total Sports Live 1hr ago
According to multiple reports, former Clippers head coach Doc Rivers is interviewing for the Sixers’ head coaching vacancy.
Red's Army 2hr ago
https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/1311376426562727937 I’m not sure why the Cs are cropped out of the chart, but you’ll see Boston’s (…)
Oilers 4hr ago
A curveball was thrown into the Edmonton Oilers offseason plans on Wednesday morning. Sportsnet NHL Insider Elliotte Friedman tweeted out (…)
MMA 5hr ago
The Prelim Breakout Star is a once per event article that helps fans get to know those who will be entertaining them from the (…)
MMA Manifesto 8hr ago
There is constant debate about fighter rankings, which are normally based on voting from a panel of journalists. Such is the (…)