Unfortunately last weekend’s nice(r) weather didn’t hang around for long, as I fell on my ass about 25 times yesterday walking around in the ice rink that is Ann Arbor, MI. Sanka can’t believe it either, but he wants you to check out the links we’ve put together for you to enjoy with your hamburgers, the cornerstone of any delicious breakfast [Language NSFW].
- Great news coming out of Hockeytown: the Wings are getting healthy. No, for real this time. Niklas Kronwall will be back in action tomorrow, while the rest of the Dead Wings aren’t far behind. Kyle at Babcock’s Death Stare has more information on who will be back and when. Get ready Wings fans, even this guy is close to returning.
- Wait for it… Brett Favre “doubts” he’ll be back in the NFL next season. This officially ends any comments I have on Brett Favre until he (a) comes back again, or (b) reveals a long list of hot mistresses he’s slept with after his wife (you know you were just going to Google it anyway) beats him in the head with a football.
- This is amazing: American soccer player Charlie Davies, who you may remember was involved in a very serious car accident in October, is seriously considering playing in this year’s World Cup. Like the Deadspin headline suggests, Davies heals about as fast as this guy, only he doesn’t have those claws to worry about.
- The first half of the season hasn’t gone as well as most Pistons fans (myself included) were hoping for, but the optimist in me thinks they could be poised for a strong second half of the season, maybe squeaking into the playoffs. Detroit Bad Boys has each of the Pistons midseason report cards to take home to mom and dad. I feel like Austin Daye was the kid whose parents were really strict about grades, so it looks like Mr. Daye needs to step up the effort down the stretch to keep his GPA (and minutes) high.
- Digger Phelps: Dancing Queen? I’m not trying to rip Digger’s manhood whatsoever (he’s way better than that dumbass Jay Bilas), but Digger’s dance moves could use a bit of improvement. The cheerleader is cute, but I think Digger needs to make his way out to Arizona State [via Gunaxin]
- At It’s Just Sports, Big Al pleads the Lions to stockpile the defensive side of the ball in this year’s draft. His viewpoint is fairly popular among fans. I think most of us realize that Detroit has the skill players in place to succeed, but the offensive line and defense are among the worst in the NFL.
A busy day for me yesterday, so we’ll take today’s highlight from this weekend’s soccer action in England, where Jamie Milligan scored from beyond half field, prompting some kick-ass post-goal music. I was half expecting some beer girls to go around handing out pints of Guinness afterward. [via Dirty Tackle]