I feel like Mother Nature is filming one of those Bud Light “Too Light, Too Heavy” commercials, and yesterday’s snow storm was the “too heavy” (hopefully).
- I missed this yesterday (probably due to the fact I got 3 hours of sleep), but Brooklyn Decker has been selected as the cover model for the 2010 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. SI and Miller Lite have teamed up to create a bracket for fans to vote for the best SI swimsuit photo of all time. (Some photos are NSFWish)
- The Dallas Stars traded for G Kari Lehtonen last night, giving up, you guessed it, some dudes I’ve never heard of. Now, everyone wants to know what will happen with Michigan legend and current Stars goalie Marty Turco. I doubt the Stars see Lehtonen as the heir-apparent, but weirder things have happened.
- Need a reason to watch the Winter Olympics? Skiier Lindsey Vonn has been making waves lately with her Sports Illustrated cover and spread in the SI swimsuit issue. So she’ll be wearing a ski suit the entire time, but it’s not like it’s the first time that winter has stopped any wardrobe malfunctions. [via Fourth Place Medal]
- I’ve always hated seeing Las Vegas spit out odds for the next year’s Super Bowl winners the day after the previous game ends, but this year’s are a cause for celebration: the Lions aren’t the longest odds to win it all. The Freep reports that the Lions are tied with other bottom dwellers for that dubious honor, while the St. Louis Rams are alone at the
topbottom according to Bodog. [via The Wayne Fontes Experience]
- It’s almost a week old, but Rob Neyer’s article at ESPN about Dave Dombrowski’s aversion to taking players to arbitration makes a valid point: if DD was willing to battle a bit in court, would the Tigers still have traded Curtis Granderson? I realize it’s a stretch, but it’s still interesting nonetheless.
- Tom Kowalski is reporting that the Detroit Lions may be working out
murdererWR Donte Stallworth later this week. Didn’t they learn their lesson with Charles Rogers?
Rob’s Highlight of the Day
Kevin Durant’s H.O.R.S.E. championship is in trouble this year, because Monta Ellis is showing some serious trick shot skills. Check out this one from a Warriors shoot around on Monday. [via Ball Don’t Lie]