Short post today, I have an exam and then I’ll be “slapping my troubles away” with my new Slap Chop. Wow, that sounded awful.
- Yesterday’s big story out of the D (or Lakeland, FL to be exact) was the first head-to-head matchup against Curtis Granderson and the Yankees. The Tigers came up short in the game, losing 9-8. However, the kitties were up for most of the game when actual major leaguers were playing. Make sure to keep tabs on Bless You Boys, Alli is in Lakeland and posting daily updates.
- It looks like Rodney Stuckey’s scare won’t sideline him forever. Doctors cleared him to exercise yesterday after testing him more than a jealous girlfriend. No one is sure whether we’ll actually see Stuckey in a game again this year, but I hope he makes it back before the end of the season. It’s one thing to shut down a veteran with an injury concern, but Stuckey is still developing and could use the game experience. [via Detroit Bad Boys]
- March Madness is almost here. You crazy bastards we call “Notre Dame fans” will be happy to hear that the Irish beat Seton Hall, likely cementing their place within the field of
6465. However, “March Madness” doesn’t just apply to basketball. Thunder Treats is hard at work working out the seeds for their Cougar Madness Tournament. They released the #1 seeds yesterday, with the rest of the field TBA. It’s early, but I don’t know if I see any of those four going down before the Final Four.
- I’ve heard ideas before on how to
ruinincrease parity in baseball, but nothing as dumb as this. Deadspin points out why divisional realignment would be a bad, bad idea. I don’t understand why this idea was even mentioned to the press.
- By now you’ve probably heard the massive outcry for the NHL to crack down on blows to the head after Pittsburgh’s Matt Cooke gooned it up on Boston Bruin Marc Savard last weekend. Hockey Independent takes a different approach: why wasn’t Cooke knocked the eff out by another Bruin later that game? Zdeno Chara is 6’9″, you know Cooke won’t win that fight.
- It took me about a week on campus to realize that it would be kind of creepy to ask a college football player for their autograph when you’re sitting next to them in psychology. Maize n Brew points out this fact (and more) in their guide to being a creepy doucher on recruiting message boards.
This is the first shootout goal I’ve ever seen where the shooter took the time to teabag the goalie before putting the puck into the net. Nice goal. [via Gunaxin]