Wolves Updates 3/14

Click here for the forum’s thread for tonight’s game at Sacramento
Game previews:

Rambis started Hollins in 17 consecutive games before the suspension because, he said, he likes Hollins’ energy and willingness and ability to run the floor from a big man’s position.

Darko Milicic started in Hollins’ absence rather than Kevin Love, who remained on the bench and who tonight is expected to miss his second game in a row because of a sprained foot.

“I’m a long player,” Hollins said. “I’m just trying to play hard, whatever it takes. That’s not to say I’m a dirty player or anything like that. I might catch a guy with an elbow. It’s not intentional. I catch my teammates. It’s not like anybody’s singled out.”

Kevin Love and Al Jefferson — the team’s two best players — also questioned coach Kurt Rambis’s strategies after a loss to the Denver Nuggets earlier this week.

Rambis says his team is just frustrated and needs a win.
From Jerry Zgoda/Star Tribune: Wolves have reason to watch NCAAs
The draft picks

• Timberwolves’ pick: Likely will have the second-best chance to win the No. 1 pick or could pick as low as fifth.

• Charlotte’s conditional pick: Top 12-protected. Likely will end up being the 15th or 16th pick if the Bobcats maintain one of the final East playoff spots.

• Utah’s pick via Philadelphia: The 25th overall selection, if the season ended today.

Big Al came back from his two-game team suspension because of his drunken-driving arrest and delivered in his return a 36-point, 13-rebound game against the Mavericks, the first of two double-doubles in the week’s three games.

Arrow to top