- The Story: Check out Kendry Morales in his commercial for MLB 2K10. The Monkey Says: Morales isn’t exactly a natural in front of the camera with his nervous leg shaking, but hey, at least it is an Angel getting some media love.
- The Story: Hideki Mastui took a trip to Disneyland. The Monkey Says: Well, Hideki and half the sports reporters in Japan, technically. This trip is actually long overdue considering how quickly the Matsuiland gimmick caught on.
- The Story: Thursday is family day for the Angels. The Monkey Says: It really does seem like the Halos haven’t had as many off days as usual in the early part of the season. Torii and Shields are both guys who will be getting some extra family time and they both also need to get their games going again, so maybe this will give each of them a shot in the arm.
- The Story: Fernando Rodney and Kevin Jepsen are first and second, respectively, in appearances in the AL. The Monkey Says: And those aren’t weak little partial inning appearances like some lefty-specialists rack up but rather tough high leverage innings. The Angels really need some other middle relievers to step up so neither of those guys gets burnt out so early in the year.
- The Story: All three hits for Brandon Wood on Monday night came with two strikes on him. The Monkey Says: We are supposed to be impressed that he got a hit instead of striking out, but I am more concerned with just how often Wood finds himself in two-strike counts.
Mets 5hr ago
The second-half collapse of the New York Mets (73-81) was completed before they even took the field yesterday. The Mets were eliminated (…)
MLB 8hr ago
The St. Louis Cardinals are red hot at the moment. On Saturday, the Cards won a franchise-record 15th straight game in an 8-5 win over the (…)
Wild 8hr ago
As the NHL training camps begin, and arenas begin to brace themselves for something most of them haven’t had in the last two years because (…)