- The Story: Brian Stokes was placed on the DL with shoulder fatigued and Bobby Cassevah called up to take his place. The Monkey Says: Well, that is one thing they can do with Stokes. I suspect that his injury is made up and that he will soon embark on a lengthy rehab assignment to work on his issues. The Angels have to do this since Stokes is out of options, though I suppose he could actually be hurt, I just really doubt it. Cassevah had a brief week in the Angel pen earlier this year but was hit hard in his three appearances so don’t expect anything special from him this time around.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia insists Brian Fuentes is still the closer. The Monkey Says: For now, at least. Sosh seemed moderately agitated at the line of questioning, but he is going to have to get used to it every time Tito blows a save which is probably going to happen a lot more frequently than anyone cares for.
- The Story: Jeff Mathis hopes to have his cast removed next week. The Monkey Says: That keeps Mathis on track to make his return in the expected 6-8 weeks depending on how his rehab goes as he now must re-strengthen the wrist.
- The Story: Bobby Wilson began his rehab stint in Rancho Cucamonga last night. The Monkey Says: There is no big rush to get Wilson back, so expect him to spend at least a week with the Quakes making sure that he worked out all of the cobwebs.
- The Story: The Angels have an expensive bullpen. The Monkey Says: Let’s not forget ineffective, that is pretty important. Fuentes might improve a bit, but he still isn’t very good and now that Fernando Rodney is starting to show some cracks, the Angel relief situation could be in big trouble if they don’t get some help either from within or via trade very soon.
- The Story: Bell’s extra inning strikeout offers promise. The Monkey Says: One big strikeout does not a reliever make, but Trevor Bell is really the best hope the Halos have right now in terms of finding immediate help in the bullpen. Still, his strikeout rates don’t really suggest that he will be anything more than an average middle reliever at best.
- The Story: Tim Salmon will have a book signing this weekend. The Monkey Says: Head out to meet the King Fish and get his John Hancock. Feel free to lobby for him to come out of retirement to serve as the Angels’ DH again.
The Floor Seat 1hr ago
Sad news has been announced this week as professional wrestling has lost one half of its most legendary tag teams in history. WWE Hall Of (…)
Penguins 2hr ago
Broken by Kevin Weekes, the Penguins have reportedly moved Patric Hornqvist on to Florida in exchange for Mike Matheson. (…)
NFL 7hr ago
The Green Bay Packers offense is off to a flying start in 2020. After two games, the Packers are first in the league in total yards per (…)
Eagles 15hr ago
The Cincinnati Bengals are in a rebuild mode; the Eagles are in a free-fall at the moment. It’s a long season (hopefully!) and things (…)
Gambling 17hr ago
The use of crypto currency such as bitcoin is now becoming more and more popular among sports bettors. There are several distinct (…)
Soccer 17hr ago
The coronavirus pandemic has got the whole world by the scruff of their necks, and even the mightiest organizations had no other choice (…)