UPDATE: Broken links fixed.
Blogging is hard when your computer doesn’t work. Oh well, you know what they say: no excuses, play like a champion.
- With less than a week until the NBA draft lottery, anticipation is building among Pistons fans for where (and who) their top pick will be. Liberty Ballers, SB Nation’s Philadelphia 76ers blog, has been writing up excellent scouting reports(guess who I want the Pistons to take…)on some of the big names in this year’s draft. [via Detroit Bad Boys]
- As you probably noticed, last night’s Tigers-Yankees game was postponed. In order to keep the rotation intact (we think), the Tigers have called up Alfredo Figaro from AAA Toledo. Ryan Raburn has been optioned to make room.
- I was pretty shocked when I flipped on TNT last night to see the Celtics blowing out the Cavaliers in their own building. LeBron James had agame to forget, but Tom Ziller doesn’t think he needs to be villified for one off night. [pic via @jeskeets]
- Talk about fan appreciation: the Seattle Sounders offered a ticket refund to the 32,000+ fans that attended Sunday’s 4-0 loss against the L.A. Galaxy. While it’s a great P.R. move, what happens if the team sucks this bad again?
- Major League Jerk, a site we’ve linked quite a bit here at D4L, has joined the dark side. Yes, the MLJ you know and love is part of the ever-growing Bloguin network. Make sure to check out their new digs.
- If it seems like New York City is throwing every perk possible at LeBron to get him to sign with the Knicks, it’s because they are. Scores, a gentleman’s club in NY, even offered LeBron free lap dances for life. Does anyone really think he has to pay in Cleveland? [via Hot Clicks]
- The G20 Summit, being held in Toronto this year, is interfering with some great MLB action. What was supposed to be Roy Halladay’s return visit north of the border has been relocated to Philadelphia due to security concerns. It’s too bad they didn’t consider the CoPa for this; that may have been a better option.
- If there were an “Asshole of the Week” contest (Wanker of the Week fits for fans of The Basketball Jones), this guy would win hands down.
RANDOM AWESOME VIDEO OF THE DAY
Dallas Braden gives his Top 10 thoughts going through his head during his perfect game on Letterman.