- The Story: Dr. Lewis Yocum discusses Kendry Morales’ injury. The Monkey Says: K-Mo will have to wait another week or so it seems before he actually goes under the knife due to swelling. That certainly won’t help him return to the field before the end of the season, but as I have said all along, the Angels should not be counting on getting even one more at-bat from Morales in 2010.
- The Story: The Angels have more to worry about than replacing Kendry Morales. The Monkey Says: Yeah, thanks we noticed that the offense wasn’t exactly clicking along before Morales got hurt. Great work, Captain Obvious.
- The Story: Mike Lowell makes sense for the Angels. The Monkey Says: I hate to say it, but he really does since he likely wouldn’t cost much and could also be of use at third base. I just don’t know if I could stomach the Angels actually making a deal with the Red Sox.
- The Story: Brandon Wood began his rehab assignment on Monday. The Monkey Says: Wood started at third for the Triple-A Salt Lake team as he seeks to “rehab” from his fake injury and also to remember how to hit again. He can come off the DL a week from today, but he is going to have to show some real signs of improvement in the minors to return to the big leagues that quickly, even if the Angels are desperate for some help at first base (where Wood started playing part-time last season).
- The Story: Mike Scioscia has always worried about celebration-related injuries. The Monkey Says: Good to know, too bad he didn’t say anything about it a week ago. Better late than never just doesn’t really apply in this case.
- The Story: Francisco Rodriguez is taking his best shot. The Monkey Says: Rodriguez was impressive this last weekend, but his minor league stats don’t really indicate that he will be anything special. At this point though, he just needs to be average and he will be considered an asset in the leaky Angel bullpen.
- The Story: Arte Moreno is one of those nice guys. The Monkey Says: I can’t remember ever seeing such a positive piece be written by TJ Simers, though I am fairly certain he only did it so he could make the McCourts look even worse than they already are.
Total Sports Live 56m ago
According to multiple reports, former Clippers head coach Doc Rivers is interviewing for the Sixers’ head coaching vacancy.
Red's Army 2hr ago
https://twitter.com/taylorcsnow/status/1311376426562727937 I’m not sure why the Cs are cropped out of the chart, but you’ll see Boston’s (…)
Oilers 4hr ago
A curveball was thrown into the Edmonton Oilers offseason plans on Wednesday morning. Sportsnet NHL Insider Elliotte Friedman tweeted out (…)
MMA 5hr ago
The Prelim Breakout Star is a once per event article that helps fans get to know those who will be entertaining them from the (…)
MMA Manifesto 8hr ago
There is constant debate about fighter rankings, which are normally based on voting from a panel of journalists. Such is the (…)