On Sunday afternoon, the UConn Huskies baseball team found out they would be hosting a regional at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, CT which is the new home of the Connecticut Tigers. The Tigers are the new team in Norwich this season and play in the NY/Penn League.
On Monday afternoon, the Huskies found out who will be in the regional as the Florida State Seminoles, Huskies, Oregon Ducks and Central Connecticut Blue Devils were placed in the Norwich Regional. UConn is the only host of a regional that isn’t a No. 1 seed.
It’s the first appearance for the Huskies in the NCAA Tournament since 1994. The Huskies, who fell to St. John’s 3-0 in the Big East Championship on Sunday afternoon, will take on the Ducks at approximately 7 p.m. on Friday, June 4th. Florida State will take on Central Connecticut earlier in the day at 2 p.m.
The two winners will meet on Saturday, June 5th at 6:30 p.m. while the losers will meet at 2:00 p.m. that afternoon.
Here’s the entire schedule for the Norwich Regional:
June 4th –
- Florida State vs Central Connecticut, 2:00 p.m.
- UConn vs Oregon, 7:00 p.m.
- Winner’s bracket game, 2:00 p.m.
- Loser’s bracket game, 6:30 p.m. (loser is eliminated)
- Loser of winner’s bracket vs winner of loser’s bracket, 2:00 p.m. (loser is eliminated)
- Winner of June 5th winners bracket game vs winner of the 2:00 p.m. game, 6:30 p.m.(if winner hasn’t lost, they win the regional)
- If necessary game, 7:00 p.m. (only both teams from 6:30 game on 6/6 have one loss)
If you’re interested in tickets to the Norwich Regional, head over to the UConn Huskies Ticket Center.