- The Story: Kendry Morales is officially out for the season after his surgery yesterday. The Monkey Says: So much for the hope that he could be back by September. This is probably for the best though since K-Mo won’t risk rushing back to help the team and the front office can confidently move forward in their personnel decisions.
- The Story: Mike Lowell is allegedly pining for the Angels to trade for him. The Monkey Says: Lowell makes sense for the Angels, especially given his cheap price via trade, but the Angels might be more inclined to chase a bigger bat first before they relent and swallow their pride to make a trade with the Red Sux.
- The Story: Should the Angels recoup or reload? The Monkey Says: The Angels becoming sellers just isn’t going to happen. They are in contention for the division and will do everything the can two take the AL West even if this team hardly seems like World Series material.
- The Story: Brandon Wood is struggling in Triple-A. The Monkey Says: Yeah, he is. Not only is he not hitting for power or average, he still isn’t taking any walks. As I said a few weeks ago, the real problem with Wood is his approach at the plate. He has given up on plate discipline and is refusing to take a walk. Until he can get back to being more selective, he is bound to stay banished to Salt Lake.
- The Story: Mike Scioscia will serve on the AL All-Star coaching staff. The Monkey Says: Sosh has turned down the job in the past, but he doesn’t really have much of a choice since the Mid-Summer Classic is in Anaheim this year.
- The Story: The list of the Angels third day of draft choices and why they should sign. The Monkey Says: Touting Tom Kotchman as a great teacher that can help their career makes sense, but these kids are probably smart to hope they can re-enter the draft in later years and move up in the draft order to get more money while also continuing their education.
- The Story: Bobby Wilson is touted for his game-calling. The Monkey Says: Good for him, but he isn’t likely to get many more games to call with Jeff Mathis on the verge of returning.
- The Story: Another Francisco Rodriguez makes a name for himself. The Monkey Says: The new Francisco Rodriguez is off to a great start, but he still has plenty of proving yet to do before he can really be considered an asset in relief, even for this crappy bullpen.
- The Story: The Freeway Series is homecoming for Mike Scioscia. The Monkey Says: I’m pretty sure I have read this same story every year since Sosh got hired.
- The Story: The Angels signed pitcher Daniel Cabrera to a minor league deal. The Monkey Says: Cabrera has always been coveted for his velocity and stuff, but his command is miserable and always has been. Interestingly, the article says he will be joining the Double-A bullpen whereas Cabrera has almost always been a starter. Maybe he’ll thrive in the new role, or maybe this will be just another stop on the disappointment parade Cabrera has been on the last several years.
- The Story: The Rancho Cucamonga Quakes have three players on the California League All-Star team. The Monkey Says: Alexi Amarista, Tyson Auer and Tyler Chatwood will represent the Quakes.
Combat 1hr ago
Date: November 6, 1999 Card: Championship(s): Venue: Convention (…)
Packers 1hr ago
When the Green Bay Packers drafted cornerback Eric Stokes in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, most experts projected that it was just a (…)
Eagles 9hr ago
Brandon Graham is out for the season with a torn Achilles. Brandon Brooks has been placed on IR with at least a chance to return later in (…)
MLB 10hr ago
Jon Lester of Tacoma, WA became the third active Major League Baseball pitcher to record 200 career wins on Monday. Lester notched the W in a (…)
Wild 13hr ago
One of my favorite board games growing up was Stratego by Milton-Bradley. Its a pretty simple 2-player game of (…)
Mets 18hr ago
The regular season is winding down and the New York Mets (73-77) have slim playoff hopes. The Mets did good work to snap a five-game losing (…)