Not a bad way to start off the week, or your career.
- The argument that the Texas Rangers should have started Cliff Lee on short rest was rendered moot last night by a fantastic performance from Giants pitcher Madison Bumgarner. Nolan Ryan is no longer celebrating.
- The Iowa men’s basketball program is in trouble with the NCAA by allowing recruits to meet Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Seriously though, the fact that Iowa probably lost all the recruits that had to meet Kutcher should be punishment enough.
- Dwight Howard wasn’t too happy with himself after missing a couple free throws in Thursday’s game against the Washington Wizards. Don’t feel too bad Dwight, at least you got the W.
- Larry Parrish, manager of the Toledo Mud Hens since 2003, was hired by the Atlanta Braves to be their new hitting coach. Kurt at Bless You Boys seems to think we might see an old friend in Toledo next year.
- Lee Westwood supplanted Tiger Woods as the world’s #1 golfer this weekend. I still find it hard to see how a guy with zero career major wins could possibly be considered the best golfer on the planet, but maybe that’s just me.
- I don’t see the big deal, obviously this camera man found something worthy of national pride.
- Not that anyone should be surprised, but Justin Bieber is one hell of a bandwagon ass cat.