I don’t know why, but everyone went absolutely batshit yesterday when Brett Favre’s name ended up on the Minnesota Vikings field trip sign-up list. Now he’s trying to sell footballs. Go figure.
- Out of nowhere, the Philadelphia Phillies and Cliff Lee agreed to a 5-year, $100 million contract. Lee left 2 years and $50 million on the table from the Yankees to go back to Philly. I guess that’s what the Yanks get for pissing off his wife.
- Sal Alosi, the coach that purposely tripped a Dolphins player on the sidelines, formerly apologized for his shenanigans today. Still, he was suspended for the rest of the season. As low as the move was, I’m happy he wasn’t fired for a temporary lapse in judgment.
- The Big Ten released an absolutely horrid logo yesterday, along with division nicknames that make me want to bang my head against a wall. Naturally, Mgoblog has a photoshop thread/contest (sorta) already up and running.
- Speaking of photoshop threads, Hogs Haven has an Albert Haynesworth photoshop contest going on right now. My submission is below.
- Remember that Monday Night Football game in Detroit that the Lions didn’t play in? Well, it “sold” out in less than 2 hours. Well done Detroiters, that’s some serious dedication.
- Iowa RB Adam Robinson was suspended from the team’s bowl game against Missouri for violating team rules. No word yet on whether this is related to the “trap house” (props to SB Nation’s Jason Kirk for using that one) that teammate Derrell Johnson-Koulianos was running.
- Minnesota’s Mikko Koivu snatched up Bobby Ryan’s stick in a game on Saturday night after dropping his own. Naturally, Ryan grabbed Koivu’s original stick and scores a goal. Karma’s a bitch.
- Apparently Bill Simmons announced an NBA game last weekend. I legitimately had no idea of this, as I’ve been
playing video gamesstudying my ass off for the last week. Check out Awful Announcing to see how he did.
- Note to guys: this is exactly how you apologize to a girl after calling her a bad name. Word for word. Trust me.