Being sick on break sucks. Hopefully Ewelina Olczak will make me feel better. [via Guyism]
- If you only read one link today, make it this one. Dave absolutely kills it with a “remix” of one of my favorite songs while simultaneously poking more fun at Jim Delaney and the Big Ten at large.
- It’s not often that Maryland football is in the national spotlight, but they were yesterday when they fired ACC Coach of the Year Ralph Friedgen. Word is they will bring in Mike Leach but nothing official has been announced yet.
- Forget the T-Ocho Show, Ron Artest needs to be on television. This week, Ron-Ron made bloggers go nuts after he compared Utah Jazz G Gordon Hayward to Justin Bieber. In Artest’s defense, both of them look like they’re 14 years old.
- DeMar DeRozan has mad hops. This is indisputable.
- Whether you’re a fan of sabermetrics and other “new age” baseball stats or not, it’s pretty cool that Tigers blogger Lee Panas’ book Beyond Batting Average made Baseball America’s Top 10 list for 2010. Congratulations, Lee.
- While we’re celebrating, another hearty congratulations goes out to Thunder Treats for their 2nd birthday yesterday.
- I don’t know what is more amazing: DeSean Jackson’s ridiculous punt return to beat the Giants on Sunday, or the fact that someone already Tecmo-Bowl’d it by Monday morning.
- This Nightmare on Helm Street post is somewhat outdated after yesterday’s loss to the Stars, but it’s still relevant: how good is 400 wins for goaltender Chris Osgood? Answer: pretty damn good.
- Lions fans are (rightfully so) bent out of shape over the NFL’s half-assed “thank you” to Detroit for hosting the Vikings-Giants game last Monday. I didn’t see the commercial (it’s hard to watch TV and drive 500+ miles at the same time), but the screencap is pretty sickening in itself.