Sometime in the recent past (not really sure if we’re talking yesterday or today, but whatever), cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha voided his contract and is now an unrestricted free agent. You may not have heard of Asomugha, but the other 29 teams in the NFL definitely have.
Naturally, D4L is beginning the Asomugha-to-Detroit campaign with little regard for petty thoughts of contract wishes, salary cap room and the like. Instead, here are the top 10 reasons why Nnamdi Asomugha should sign with the Lions next season.
10. Teams with losing records can make the playoffs in our conference.
9. This is your job competition. [h/t @SEMICHSPORTS]
7. Listening to Yoopers trying to pronounce “Asomugha” = hours of entertainment
6. 2010 Miss USA Rima Fakih.
Click after the jump for reasons 5-1…
5. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are in the AFC.
4. Our dome won’t collapse.
3. Ndamukong Suh as your personal body guard.
2. Facing Jay Cutler twice a year = instant Pro Bowl selection
1. We have better touchdown dances.