Enjoy your snow day, SEC. Don’t panic or anything.
- The Baltimore Ravens and Green Bay Packers both won road playoff games yesterday in fairly uneventful fashion. Ironically, the only home team to win this weekend was the 7-9 Seattle Seahawks.
- There’s a 3-team mega NBA deal brewing between the Pistons, New Jersey Nets and Denver Nuggets that is further along than you would expect. And by that, I mean it actually makes sense. Jokes aside, keep an eye out for this one.
- ESPN’s Amy K. Nelson wrote a great article about how Jim Joyce is still haunted by the blown call in Armando Galarraga’s perfect game last summer. Animosity aside, you gotta feel for the guy when he takes his job this seriously. [via SB Nation Detroit]
- Random, but awesome.
- The Chicago media got off to a great start with new pitcher Matt Garza… by printing a picture of ex-teammate Joaquin Benoit, who is now with the Tigers. Funny, you’d expect the Freep to do something stupid like that.
- I still haven’t seen any of it, but Puck Daddy was able to come up with the 24 best things about the 24/7 Penguins-Capitals mini-series on HBO. That picture of Bruce Boudreau with BBQ sauce on his face is still creepy though.
- Here’s an absolute must-read from Samara, who might be trying to take over the world one expertly-crafted run-on sentence at a time. Seriously, bookmark that site if you haven’t already.