Let’s go dancing, y’all. [via Mock Session]
- First, a serious note: our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Japan and those affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Don from With Malice (a site you should be reading already) lives in southern Japan and has been providing updates both on his site and on Twitter.
- Speaking of best wishes, thoughts, etc., a hearty “Get Well Soon” goes out to Detroit mega-blogger Al Beaton, who is going through some health-related issues right now.
- Obviously we’ll be covering this ad nauseum over the next few weeks (because you won’t hear about it anywhere else…), but Randall Simon Sausages had a good initial take on the NCAA tournament bracket shortly after it was released last night.
- The biggest shot of the weekend didn’t belong to UConn’s Kemba Walker or Washington’s Isaiah Thomas. Instead, Princeton’s Douglas Davis’s double-pump jumper was the difference between dancing and sitting home for both the Tigers and Harvard (who got snubbed, in my opinion).
- File this one under “things that make me laugh”: Kirk Herbstreit has moved out of Columbus because Ohio State fans think he’s too unbiased on air.
- Want to maximize your Gus Johnson exposure this weekend? Check out Awful Announcing for the full announcing schedule for this week’s games.
- We don’t get too far into sabermetrics or any advanced baseball statistics here at D4L, but Joe Posnanski has a quick explanation of some of the more popular stats being used by many sites (and even some big-time analysts). [via Bless You Boys]
- As annoying/entertaining (depending on your opinion) as he can be when announcing (un-bee-LEEEEEEEEE-vable!), this Guinness commercial makes Bill Walton look like a straight bad ass.
- I couldn’t believe this when I read about it a few days ago, but Chuck Norris is 71 (!!!) now. And yes, he could still easily kick your ass.