If Bloguin’s servers ever go down, I’m challenging Sharapova’s Thigh to a blog joust.
- We begin today on a somber note with the passing of Minnesota Twins giant Harmon Killebrew. Along with a Hall of Fame career (no big deal, right?) Killebrew is rumored to be the guy behind the MLB logo.
- The Pistons will draft 8th overall in this year’s NBA draft after they were leapfrogged by the Cleveland Cavaliers, who have both the #1 and #4 picks.
- Yahoo’s Nicholas Cotsonika wrote a great article about Stevie Y and how he’s turned around the Tampa Bay Lightning in his first year as general manager. Let’s hope he can come home when Ken Holland retires. [via The Malik Report]
- Charles Barkley thinks that the Miami Heat are a “whiny bunch.” I read “whiny bitch,” so I’m going with that. It’s probably what he wanted to say anyway.
- As you’re probably well aware, the Tigers’ 7-game winning streak was snapped on Monday night. I hate writing about losses unless something amazing happened, so hopefully Samara’s cartoon will make you feel a little better about it. Also, this kid’s hat is gigantic.
- Regardless of how you feel about soccer, you can’t help but love how candid Portland Timbers coach John Spencer was about the excuses coming from rival Seattle after the two teams played in a 1-1 tie last weekend.
- It wouldn’t be America if someone didn’t try to profit off of recent news events. A paintball field in California has designed their course (field?) after Osama bin Laden’s mansion in Pakistan.
- Was the Washington Nationals’ Dollar Ticket Night as bad as it seems? Probably, but the weather also sucked and many who bought tickets (apparently they were sold out) didn’t go to the game.
- Uncle Tom alert: Duke lost a high-profile basketball recruit to North Carolina because they repeatedly spelled his name wrong. T.J. Hairston also said that he “didn’t like Duke’s system.” Somewhere, Jalen Rose is beaming.