[checks bacon calendar to see what day it is … eats bacon calendar]
Happy holy testicle Tuesday, dedicated D4L’ers. If you’re here right now, it’s because you’re internet savvy and looking for some of the very best around the interwebz.
Now, let’s get all balls deep on these links:
- Pistons’ rookie Brandon Knight will be masked tomorrow night when the Pistons take on the Nets. We all wear masks, metaphorically speaking.
- Here’s Jim Schwartz with Barry Sanders in Indianpolis. It is a damn shame these two were a decade apart from one another:
- Here’s just about the most random link I’ll ever provide: Nuns from Kalamazoo helped prevent sex trafficking at the Super Bowl.
- Madonna was born in Michigan, but I was told during the halftime show that one of my college buddies’ grandad was her obstetrician.
- Former Pistons NBA Finals MVP Chauncey Billups likely tore his achilles last night, which could very well end his career similarly to the way Isiah Thomas’ career ended.
- The Tigers were apparently very close to trading Curtis Granderson to the Boston Red Sox in 2009, but the Red Sox wanted a straight up trade for Jacoby Ellsbury while the Tigers wanted Theo Epstein to throw in Clay Buchholz. It turned out for the best for all parties probably.
OTHER GOOD STUFF AROUND THE INTERNET:
- Denver backup RB Knowshon Moreno was arrested for DUI last Wednesday after his car, with the vanity plate “SAUCED”, was pulled over for going 70mph in a 45. Moreno would’ve been pulled over sooner, but his other car with the license plate “IMDRUNK” was in the shop.
- Jeremy Lin is the greatest Asian in the NBA since this guy massaging Sam Cassell’s hammies:
- Kevin Love got knocked in his “love stomach” by Luis Scola last week, so Love issed payback: by stepping on Scola’s girl catcher. He was suspended for only 2 games, which means Monty Williams is probably not going to get his unreasonable request.
That’s all I got.