- Dave Dombrowski pretty much admitted to the press yesterday that he has no idea who will be the 5th starter this season. This really isn’t relevant, other than to update you on the fact that there are now 11 days until Spring Training begins.
- Meanwhile, Justin Verlander is a ninja riding a cheetah.
- Despite the fact that Brandon Knight should be back in action tonight after getting fitted for his Rip Hamilton mask, the Pistons are reportedly keeping D-League call up Walker Russell in Detroit through the end of the season.
- Despite picking lower (23rd overall) than they have in pretty much forever, the Lions can rest easy. Pick #23 has been a fairly productive position for teams in the past, especially recently.
- Big Al is 100% fed up with the constant NFL rumor-mongering that goes on in today’s sports media.
- If you want to go to a Red Wings game this season, now’s the time. 18 of their last 28 games are at the Joe, and word is that they’re pretty good there.
Hit the jump for the rest of today’s links…
No, we’re not changing the name of this site to NewYork4Lyfe, all the fun stuff just happened in NYC yesterday:
- Maria Menounos bet that if the Patriots lost in Super Bowl XLVI, she would show up on the set of “Extra in a bikini” and, well, she paid up.
- While Greg Jones celebrated by popping the question, fellow Giants LB Mark Herzlich gave fans a glimpse of how the rest of the Giants lost some sleep on the plane after the Super Bowl.
- There’s a good chance that parking at New York Yankees games next season could cost $55 per car. In related news, I found $1.92 in change in my backpack last night. Another 35 years of writing here, and I might finally get to a game.
Other stuff from other cool places:
- An online pawn shop decided to drop 900 pounds of Butterfingers in Boston yesterday as a jab at Patriots WR Wes Welker. Funny, looks like he made the only catch that matters.
- Titans GM Ruston Webster is out of his mind for not wanting Peyton Manning, which fits in perfectly with their organizational philosophy.
- I, for one, admire JaVale McGee’s hustle to get back on defense. John Wall, on the other hand, is less impressed.
- Larry Bird told Bill Simmons that Kobe Bryant would make a better teammate than LeBron James, which isn’t really much of a compliment. Unless you’re this guy, that is.
- UNC Greensboro’s baseball team decided to re-create the Call of Duty mini-game “Nazi Zombies” with some pretty slick special effects.