The Cowboys and Eagles showed everyone a battle of goliaths and only one team stood atop — the Cowboys.
It was an ugly game from the start of the game, and the fumble/recovery from Lucky Whitehead seemed to set the tone of the game, but the Cowboys trucked forward one play at a time.
This game had it all, miscues, turnovers, penalties, just a whole lot of bad moments, but the Cowboys were able to overcome all of it by the 4th quarter.
The defense showed up again when it counted, and helped the Cowboys cut into the Eagles 23-13 lead in the 4th quarter.
Dez Bryant and Dak Prescott hooked up and turned the momentum into the Cowboys favor, and subsequently forcing the Cowboys and Eagles into overtime.
Prescott had his worst game of the year, but he showed what teams look for when it comes to a future franchise QB — true grit, moxie, whatever you want to call it, Dak has it. His composure down the stretch was impressive. To be able to put each play behind him and move forward was something special.
The Cowboys have their QB with Dak, and tonight’s game further marks off another checkbox. Can you face serious adversity and get your team in position to win the game? Dak did that tonight.
We know he would eventually have a bad game, but to have a bad game and still pull off the comeback is really badass.
- Cowboys defense forced another turnover and had multiple sacks today
- Sean Lee had the signature game I was hoping he would have. Vintage Lee.
- Tyrone Crawford leads the team with sacks, 3.5 total
- Demarcus Lawrence off to another slow start, we need another pass rusher
- Dez Bryant led the team with 4 catches for 113 yards and 1 TD, huge game at the end.
- Dak Prescott is a leader, clutched out the game.
- Ezekiel Elliott had 148 all-purpose yards, keep feeding him.
- Brandon Carr lead team with 7 solo tackles
- Jason Witten breaks Ed Too Tall Jones record for games started, and icing on the cake with game winning TD
- Jerome Boger’s penalty crazed crew is bad for the NFL, terrible flags everywhere
- Mo Claiborne had another solid game, suffered a groin injury, severity unknown
- Orlando Scandrick had a solid performance after recovery from injury most of the season
Next game: @Browns