The Cowboys face an abysmal 0-8 Cleveland Browns team, so this automatically becomes a potential trap game. On paper this should be an easy win for the Cowboys.
The Browns are starting Cody Kessler and their defense hasn’t stopped anyone. They are #31 in rush defense, #32 in total offense allowed, and #30 in points allowed — that’s awful.
Looking at the Browns past opponents, they have not faced a running back of Ezekiel Elliott’s caliber, so it could be a huge day for Zeke and the offensive line. For point of reference, Jeremy Hill racked up 168 yards. Hill is solid at times, but he’s no Zeke. Feed the beast and run the east baby!
Here are my keys to victory:
- Hammer the Browns defense with a heavy dose of Ezekiel Elliot and thrash them in the passing game once they tire down
- Control the time of possession, last week the Eagles did a great job at beating the Cowboys at their own game, so the Cowboys need to get back on track and dominate the clock this week.
- Win the down and distance. This means limit the penalties and get the team into 2&5 or shorter distances.
- Get in Cody Kessler’s face. Kessler will turn the ball over.
- Slow down Isaiah Crowell. Crowell will have a hard time running between the tackles. I expect another nice game from Terrell McClain and Maliek Collins
- Demarcus Lawrence — alright man, time to show up and start stacking sacks. This slow start bs every year is getting old.
- Big game for Cole Beasley. Beasley was a non-factor against the Eagles and he had several openings, so I want to see Dak refocus and hit the man for 1st downs when he can.
- Special teams needs to redeem themselves after an absolute terrible performance last week. Get back to form.
- Orlando Scandrick and Anthony Brown will pick up the slack with Mo Claiborne being out, so let’s hope they don’t miss a beat.
- Force some turnovers, and get the offense back on the field to take the will of the Browns defense.
If the Cowboys do well in these areas, then we’ll lock up the win with some ease.
How many yards do you think Zeke will get, take the poll below:
Let’s go Cowboys!