Welcome to another edition of the Eagles Weekly Recap. The Eagles are coming off a disappointing Week 2, and look to make changes as they head into this afternoon’s game. Let’s get into it:
- This afternoon, the Eagles will host Eli Manning and the division-rival New York Giants, marking the first division game for the Eagles this year. Look out for how the banged up Eagles’ secondary will perform against one of the most dangerous receiving threats, Odell Beckham Jr.
- Speaking of the Eagles’ secondary, cornerback Jalen Watkins (ankle), and safeties Rodney McLeod and Corey Graham (both hamstring) missed practice time this week. Cornerback Ronald Darby remains out with an ankle injury.
- According to the team, the Eagles have decided to give left guard Chance Warmack a chance as they will bench Isaac Seumalo after he struggled through the first two games of the season.
- Following their loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, the Eagles have fallen six spots to number 15 in the ESPN Power Rankings for Week 3.
- A congratulations goes to defensive end Chris Long, who was just named the NFLPA Community MVP for the week. Long has pledged his first six game checks towards scholarships for students from his hometown of Charlottesville, NC.
That’s it for this week. Stay tuned with Total Sports Live for the latest involving the Philadelphia Eagles.