What’s up everybody. As you might have read in Rich’s State of the Union post last week, new podcasts are being added to the site. Ours is one of them, and we’re here with our first episode of the season.
After two years of podcasting on our own channel, we’re pumped to bring our episodes to the site and we hope you’ll join us! To kick things off, we preview the Penguins from top to bottom and make some wildly unnecessary and probably incorrect predictions. We also break down the season-opening loss from Wednesday night, preview the Metro, talk about players we’ll miss from last year, and debate whether or not the Penguins can actually even stay kind of healthy in 2017-18.
Other important notes:
- Dan bakes “Rowney Brownies” whenever Carter scores a goal.
- If Ryan Reaves and Josh Archibald play on a line together, it’s called the Twins line in honor of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny Devito.
- Dan wants 100% of Bryan Rust.
- Carl Hagelin is the most beautiful Penguin.
Check out our full list of topics below. Thanks for listening!
- Who the hell are we? We introduce ourselves
- Thoughts on the season opener
- Breakdown of the entire roster and expectations of each player this season
- What line combinations do you think are best/will work?
- How are you going to feel about seeing former Pens players in a different sweater?
- Thoughts on new rule changes
- Who makes the playoffs out of the Metro?
- How many wins for the Pens this year? How many points?
- When will GMJR make his first trade? Who is trade bait on this roster?
- How will Antti Niemi fare as the backup? Will he last the whole year?
- Who will lead the team in scoring and what kind of numbers do you expect these guys to put up this season?
- Where will Jagr end his season? Calgary, or somewhere else?
- Ultimate question: Can this team three-peat? Reasons why they will, reasons why they won’t.