Athletes, like other types of celebrities, are constantly in the public eye. It should come as no surprise that many female athletes have faced the same question as other women: should I have plastic surgery?
From boob jobs to nose jobs, female athletes from all over the world have had cosmetic procedures performed in order to improve either their appearance or self-confidence. Here are 10 of them.
- Serena Williams: Without a doubt one of the most famous tennis athletes in history, Serena Williams has been suspected of having a nose job as well as a boob job. She has never confirmed or denied having work done.
- Eva Marie: WWE wrestler Eva Marie has had more than one breast augmentation procedure. She confirmed having a leaky breast implant that she had repaired.
- Trish Stratus: Another WWE athlete, Trish Stratus, one of the best female wrestlers in history, has had breast implants.
- Katarina Witt: Witt is a former Olympic figure skater and a Playboy model. She has had many different cosmetic procedures performed, including a breast augmentation and a facelift.
- Angela Rypien: Angela Rypien is a quarterback for the Women’s League of American Football. She had a breast augmentation procedure.
- Rebecca Adlington: Rebecca Adlington is a two-time Olympic gold medalist in swimming. She had a rhinoplasty at the age of 25 after she had been rebuked for her nose for a number of years.
- Nikki Bella: One half of the WWE tag team The Bella Twins, Nikki had a breast augmentation in 2012, whereas her twin sister opted to not have the same procedure done.
- Simona Halep: A world class tennis player, Simona Halep had a breast reduction surgery. She was reported to be a 32DD before the procedure and went down to a 34C.
- Lita: Another WWE athlete to have had a breast augmentation is Lita. She was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2014.
- Sydney Leroux: A decorated athlete for the U.S. Women’s Soccer Team as well as an Olympic gold medal winner for Canada’s soccer team, Sydney Leroux has also had a breast augmentation.
From our list, you most likely have noticed that the majority of female athletes have gone through a breast augmentation, or boob job procedure. This is usually due to the loss of fatty tissue in the breasts as an athlete builds more muscle. The athletes of the WWE are more likely to be seen in small athletic wear and therefore have a tendency to opt for breast implants.
Meanwhile, having a breast reduction is also a popular procedure among female athletes. Women who naturally have large breasts might find that they get in the way or become painful from too much movement when they are playing sports. In these cases, a breast reduction can help them receive their ideal breast size.
Regardless of your motivation for cosmetic surgery, remember that even some of the most famous athletes in the world have also done it.