The magic is real for the New York Mets (60-56), who have been on a magic carpet ride since the start of the second half. A dramatic four run rally in the bottom of the ninth inning helped the Mets beat the Washington Nationals (61-54) 7-6 to earn their seventh straight win. The Mets will look to keep the good times rolling by picking up their eighth straight victory and secure a series win over Washington tonight. First pitch for the contest is scheduled for 7:10 p.m. at Citi Field.
The Mets will send right hander Noah Syndergaard (8-5, 3.96 ERA) to the mound this evening. Syndergaard was excellent in his last start, allowing one run in seven innings to defeat the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday. The Nationals will counter with lefty Patrick Corbin (9-5, 3.43 ERA). Corbin was beaten up in his last start, giving up five runs in 5.1 innings against his old team, the Arizona Diamondbacks, on Sunday. The Nationals bailed Corbin out of a loss but still fell 7-5 in the game.
New York Mets Lineup:
- Syndergaard is 1-1 with a 3.60 ERA in three starts against the Nationals this season.
- Corbin is 1-1 with a 3.60 ERA in four starts against the Mets in 2019.
- Wilson Ramos will catch Syndergaard for the first time since June tonight in order to keep his bat in the lineup.
- Anthony Rendon (11 for 34, 2 2B, 2 HR, 7 RBI), Victor Robles (4 for 7, 3 HR, 4 RBI), Juan Soto (4 for 13, 2B, 2 RBI) and former Met Asdrubal Cabrera (4 for 7, 2 2B, RBI) have had success against Syndergaard in the past.
- Michael Conforto (6 for 17, 2B, 4 HR, 9 RBI), J.D. Davis (4 for 15, 2 2B, 2 HR, 3 RBI), Todd Frazier (6 for 19, 2B, HR, 3 RBI) and Pete Alonso (4 for 11, 2 2B, HR, 2 RBI) have all done well against Corbin.