Did you miss some of the past week’s content on Pirates Breakdown? No sweat – here’s a weekly look at what you might have missed on our pages.
It was an interesting week at Pirates Breakdown. As the snow railed upon the east coast, many Pirates fans turned their thoughts to Spring Training to keep their hearts warm. With pitchers and catchers set to report in less than a month, fans may be able to forget about the cold and snow…at least for awhile.
Warm up with the best of Pirates Breakdown. Here’s our creme-de-la-creme from the past week:
- Tyler Thomas wondered what the Pirates would look like if the designated hitter came to the NL.
- Tyler Waite wondered who will be the last bullpen piece for the 2016 Pirates.
- Our podcast continues to truck along; and our latest episode was a lively one. Give it a listen and please consider subscribing in iTunes!
- Ethan Obstarczyk was all over Tyler Glasnow being ranked as the second-best RHP prospect by MLB Pipeline.
- Aaron Benedict investigated what a Gregory Polanco extension would look like.
- Justin Frazee kept the ranking analysis coming – with Josh Bell landing on the top 1B prospects list and the Pirates minor-league catchers getting some love.
- You may have noticed that we are analyzing the 2016 projections for all notable Pirates. We’ve collected all of our projection pieces HERE, so spend some time and see if the individual Pirates will live up to expectations.
That does it for this week’s best of Pirates Breakdown. We want to take a moment to sincerely thank you for your readership. We invite you to join the conversation! Sound off on anything Pirates-related below in the comments, or let us know on twitter.