The New York Giants have agreed to a long-term deal with quarterback Daniel Jones, according to Ryan Dunleavy of The New York Post. Jones agreed to a four-year, $160 million deal.
The deal occurred minutes before Tuesday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline for NFL teams to use the franchise tag.
BREAKING: #Giants have a deal in place with Daniel Jones, per source.
— Ryan Dunleavy (@rydunleavy) March 7, 2023
Daniel Jones Receives Long-Term Deal With Giants
In the end, Jones receives the long-term contract he was looking for with the Giants.
Jones reportedly wanted a contract worth $45 million per year, while the Giants preferred to pay Jones $35 million per year. The two sides met in the middle as Jones now becomes the ninth quarterback to be paid at least $40 million per year.
According to Albert Breer, the full guarantee on Jones’s deal is $82 million in the first two years. Jones’s contract also features $35 million in incentives.
The 25-year-old quarterback is coming off his most efficient season ever as the starting quarterback for the Giants. Jones threw for 3,205 yards, 15 touchdowns, and five interceptions. As a runner, Jones rushed for 708 yards and seven touchdowns.
Giants and Daniel Jones agree to four-year, $160 million deal. https://t.co/IIwkrOScZV
— Paul Schwartz (@NYPost_Schwartz) March 7, 2023
Giants Tag Saquon Barkley
Heading into the offseason, the Giants front office made it clear they wanted to bring back both Jones and star running back Saquon Barkley.
After signing Jones, the Giants applied the franchise tag to Barkley.
Barkley will make $10.091 million, fully guaranteed, in 2023 under the franchise tender. The Giants will have until the middle of July to negotiate a long-term deal with Barkley. If a deal is not reached, then Barkley will have to sign the tag or sit out.
NFL Betting Guides 2023
- NFL Betting Guide – Discover Best NFL Betting Sites in USA Ranked & Reviewed.
- NFL Betting Apps Guide – Compare the Best Apps for NFL Betting Ranked & Reviewed.
- NFL Live Betting Guide – Compare Best NFL In Play Betting Sites.
- The Latest NFL Odds – Compare the Best Football Odds & Lines.
- NFL Spread Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Football Spread Bets.
- NFL Totals Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Football Totals Bets.
- NFL Futures Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Football Futures Bets.
- NFL Moneyline Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to win Football Moneyline Bets.
- Free NFL Picks – Check Expert Football Picks & Predictions.
- Free NFL Picks Against The Spread – Check Expert NFL Picks Against the Spread.