Maybe Danny O’Brien was on to something. Not even a full year after the quarterback decided to transfer from Maryland to Wisconsin, the Terrapins have announced they will leave the ACC for the big paydays to come in the Big Ten. On Monday the school was officially introduced by Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany as the conference’s 13th member, and a day later Rutgers became the 14th member.
To discuss the latest Big Ten expansions and to preview some of the notable Big Ten games this weekend, including Penn State’s season finale at home against Wisconsin, is managing editor of Madtown Badgers and Delany’s Dozen and Crystal Ball Run contributor Andy Coppens.
Some of the topics covered in this episode:
- How does Maryland fit in to the Big Ten?
- What benefits are there for the Big Ten in adding Maryland and Rutgers?
- Is the Big Ten ready for a nine-game conference schedule?
- Will Wisconsin bounce back after a tough loss to Ohio State a week before the Big Ten championship?
- The impact and loss of linebacker Michael Mauti for Penn State
- Montee Ball’s somewhat overshadowed season
- Ohio State going for a perfect season
Subscribe to the Nittany Lions Den Football Podcast on iTunes.
Subscribe to the Nittany Lions Den YouTube channel.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr and Pinterest.