Los Angeles Dodgers (44-23) @ Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (35-29)
Game 1 Starters: LAD – Chad Billingsley (9-3, 2.72 ERA) LAA – Joe Saunders (7-4, 3.66 ERA)
Game 1 Info: 7:05 PM PT TV-Fox Sports West, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
Game 2 Starters: LAD – Jeff Weaver (3-1, 3.72 ERA) LAA – Jered Weaver (7-2, 2.08 ERA)
Game 2 Info: 6:05 PM PT TV-KCOP, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
Game 3 Starters: LAD – Clayton Kershaw (3-5, 4.13 ERA) LAA – John Lackey (2-2, 6.10 ERA)
Game 3 Info: 5:05 PM PT TV-ESPN, Radio-KLAA 830 AM, KFWB, KWKW 1330 AM
That six-game winning streak is really going to get put to the test this weekend as the Angels play host to neighborhood nemesis and the best team in the league, the Los Angeles Dodgers. While the Halos have been making their hay of late by beating up the NL West, the Dodgers are no slouches and are the only interleague opponent that have been able to defeat the Angels.
But that loss came at Chavez Ravine, now the game is on the Angels’ turf and they are ready to show the little boys in blue who reigns supreme over SoCal baseball.
- Will the three days on the bench plus his success as a pinch-hitter get Vlad rolling?
- Were the Angels scouting Pedro Martinez because they are worried about Ervin Santana’s balky elbow or because they think John Lackey is hiding an injury of his own?
- Will Bobby Abreu be available and if so, will he be fully over his stiff neck?
- The Dodgers will end the Angels’ winning streak but the Halos will still win the series.
- The Sunday Night ESPN broadcast will feature at least 20 allusions to the fact that Chone Figgins and Juan Pierre are friends, 15 references to Mike Scioscia’s days as a Dodger but zero mentions of the time Chan Ho Park tried to karate kick Tim Belcher and that just makes me sad because I love seeing that video clip.
- I wish that everyone would quit talking about the Weaver brothers facing each other. Really, it isn’t that big of a deal, it is just a weird coincidence. What is more impressive is that Jeff Weaver is actually allowed to pitch in the majors again. Hopefully he’ll have post-traumatic stress flashbacks about his miserable tenure as an Angel and pitch like the bum we know him to be.
ZERO Tolerance for… all the damn tourists who will be in my town this weekend for a lame parade. I know it has nothing to do with the series, but I just can’t stand the fact that I won’t be able to leave my house on Saturday because the streets will be jammed with old fogies watching the local talent troops ply their amateurish craft.
Leave your own questions, answers, predictions or wishes as a comment or just hang out with us during the game.