Pennsylvania sports betting has been thriving ever since the state was given the green light for retail and online wagering. So, with a strong legal framework in place, residents have access to some of the best Pennsylvania sports betting sites.
In this comprehensive guide, we will reveal the top 10 Pennsylvania online sports betting sites, and provide a series of mini reviews for five of them. We will explore the legality of betting in this state, and answer some FAQs at the end. Stay with us to find out more.
Best Pennsylvania Sports Betting Sites May, 2022
100% deposit match up to $500
- Top Horse Racing Sportsbook
- 7% rebate on all horse race wagers
- Generous Reload Bonuses
50% match deposit bonus worth up to $1,000
- Huge Range of Sports Markets
- Live In-Game Betting
- $1,000 Welcome Bonus
100% deposit match up to $1,000
- HD-Quality Live Streaming Service
- Huge Bitcoin Bonuses
- Wide Range of eSports
100% deposit match up to $1,000
- Big Contests & Promotions
- NFL and NBA futures betting
- $1,000 Welcome Bonus
Up to $2,500 deposit match
- Biggest Welcome Bonus
- Stream Analysis Sports Shows
- 24/7 Customer Support
Up To $150 Sign Up Bonus
- High Quality Sports Betting App
- Top High Limit Sportsbook
- Speedy Payouts
50% deposit match up to $1000
- All-In-One Gambling Site
- Various Betting Options & Promotions
- Accepts All US Customers
100% welcome bonus up to $500
- Most Competitive Reload Bonus
- Live In-Play Betting
- 10% Weekly Rebate on Horse Racing
100% welcome bonus up to $500
- Reputable Sportsbook
- Brilliant VIP Program
- Impressive Casino & Racebook Bets
The Best Pennsylvania Sports Betting Sites List 2022
There are tons of sites offering Pennsylvania sports betting opportunities. Scroll down, as we reveal our top 10 for 2022.
- XBet – Overall best Pennsylvania sports betting site for 2022
- BetOnline – Excellent platform for sports betting Pennsylvania and eSports
- Bovada – Superb online sports betting Pennsylvania site for live betting
- MyBookie – One of the top sports betting in Pennsylvania sites for latest news and tips
- BetUS – Great Pennsylvania legal sports betting sites for welcome bonuses
- Intertops – Best NFL market choices in PA
- Sportsbetting.ag – One of the best sites for soccer coverage
- BetNow – Good NBA betting app for iOS and Android
- GT Bets – Parlays and teaser bets served up with favorable odds
- BUSR – Best offshore site for horse racing
Is Sports Betting Legal in Pennsylvania?
So, is sports betting legal in Pennsylvania? In short, yes. Pennsylvania legalized sports betting back in 2018, and it became one of the first states to adopt online sports betting. Retail sports betting is also available in the Keystone State, and you will find plenty of legal sports betting sites to wager at.
Sports betting in Pennsylvania continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, and in 2021, only New Jersey and Illinois had bigger online wagering markets.
As mentioned, residents have plenty of choice when it comes to Pennsylvania sports betting online. These sites will cover a wide range of sports, such as NFL, NBA, soccer, tennis, and much more, and you will be able to try out different types of wagers, such as teaser betting.
Ultimately, the best Pennsylvania online sports betting sites will also have the best sports betting apps, and as you will see, there is a difference between sportsbooks licensed in the State, and those that are offshore.
Land-based Betting in Pennsylvania
When it comes to Pennsylvania sports betting, there are plenty of locations for residents to wager at if they prefer to bet in-person. They are as follows:
- BetRivers Sportsbook at Rivers Philadelphia
- BetRivers Sportsbook at Rivers Pittsburgh
- FanDuel Sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino
- Parx Sportsbook at Parx Casino
- South Philly Sportsbook at South Philadelphia Race & Sportsbook
- Sportsbook at The Meadows
- Sportsbook at Wind Creek Bethlehem
- Mount Airy Sportsbook at Mount Airy Casino
- The Book at Harrah’s Casino
- The Sportsbook at the Hollywood Casino in Penn National
- TwinSpires Sportsbook at Presque Isle Downs
- Unibet Sportsbook at Mohegan Sun
Pennsylvania Horse Racing & Off Track Betting
You will find there are some locations geared towards sports betting Pennsylvania, and more specifically, horse racing. The State owns eight licensed tracks that offers thoroughbred and harness racing, however, not all of these operate all year round. Most of these are based in Philly, and players must be 18 years or older to bet in the state, and online. The locations for the racetracks and off-track betting venues are as follows:
- Harrah’s Philadelphia Racetrack, Chester, PA 19013
- Hollywood Meadows Racetrack, Washington, PA 15301
- Pocono Downs Racetrack, Wilkes-Barre, PA, 18702
- Parx Racing, Bensalem, PA, 19020
- Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, Grantville, PA 17028
- Presque Isle Downs & Casino, Erie, PA 16509
Timeline of Pennsylvania Sports Betting Legislation
So, legal sports betting in Pennsylvania has been around for a few years. But how did we get to this point? Our timeline chronicles the key moments that brought about Pennsylvania sports betting:
- 2019 – Pennsylvania launches SugarHouse as the first online sportsbook in the state.
- 2018 – Sports betting Pennsylvania becomes legal, with the first licensed sportsbook opening its doors in November.
- 2017 – The PA House passes Pennsylvania sports betting legislation that established the rules and regulations for Pennsylvania sports betting.
- 2016 – The PA passes a resolution to try and get Congress to repeal a federal ban on sports betting.
- 2010 – Pennsylvania gambling grows as the state opens its 12th casino, becoming one of the largest gambling markets in the nation.
- 2004 – Pennsylvania sports betting legislation gives the green light to legalize horse racing, slots and electronic games.
Although there are several licensed sportsbooks in Pennsylvania, the scope is much smaller than offshore sportsbooks. Operating overseas, the best offshore sportsbooks will be licensed, and fully regulated.
They will usually be licensed in Curacao, Panama City, and Costa Rica, but they will operate outside the jurisdiction of the USA. Sometimes, it can be difficult to distinguish between the best, however the ones we have outlined in this guide take the safety of their players very seriously.
Many of these platforms are also reputable Bitcoin sportsbooks, and there will be some fabulous promotions and bonuses served up. With some of these sites, they will offer fast withdrawals and low payment fees, so you can make use of these benefits. Just take a look for yourself!
Pennsylvania Daily Fantasy Sports?
In terms of daily fantasy sports (DFS), Pennsylvania has plenty of sites specializing in this area, including FanDuel and DraftKings. These sites will allow you to bet on many different DFS contests, including NFL and NBA, and you can use them either on desktop or mobile. These sites have highly responsive apps, so you will be able to enjoy using them while on the move.
Pennsylvania Casino Laws
Just like Pennsylvania sports betting, Pennsylvania online casinos and online gambling in Pennsylvania is also allowed. You will be able to bet at the best online casinos, and you can wager on a wide variety of traditional table games, such as roulette, blackjack, and baccarat.
Many licensed sports betting Pennsylvania sites will also have a casino arm. You can expect to find some of the best casino bonuses here, however, a better alternative is to try out the offshore casinos mentioned in this guide.
The likes of XBet and BetOnline are packed full of the latest titles, and by signing up, you can access your preferred choice of games, and these sites are widely considered as two of the best high roller casinos you can play at.
Land Based Casinos
Currently, Pennsylvania boasts 17 land-based casinos, and some of these are well known throughout the state. They include:
- Live! Casino and Hotel in Philadelphia
- Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh
- Mount Airy Casino in Mount Pocono
- Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh
- Rivers Casino Philadelphia
- Wild Creek Casino in Bethlehem
You will also find plenty of racinos and resort casinos that stock the best and latest titles for you to enjoy, so give them a go.
Pennsylvania Gambling Tax
Although paying taxes is part and parcel of life, sports betting Pennsylvania taxes are significantly lower compared to other states. At the moment, the Pennsylvania sports betting income tax is a flat 3.07%. Federal tax is a flat 24%, but this applies to certain winnings, which are as follows:
- The winnings are $1,500 or more from a keno game.
- The winnings are $1,200 or more from bingo or slots.
- The winnings surpass more than $5,000 from a Poker tournament.
- Winnings from other games not listed above are $600 or more, and they equate to at least 300 times the wagering amount.
- The winnings are subject to federal income tax withholding.
When it comes to sorting out your Pennsylvania sports betting taxes, we suggest you speak to an accountant or a tax professional.
Best Pennsylvania Sports Betting Sites Reviewed
We’ve reached that time where we will review the 5 best Pennsylvania sportsbooks. These Pennsylvania sports betting sites have been judged on a wide variety of criteria, such as bonuses and promotions, as well as security, so let’s see what makes these sites stand out.
1. XBet – Overall best Pennsylvania sports betting site for 2022
XBet is our top pick for the best sports Pennsylvania site, as it boasts a vast range of sports markets, and its user-friendly interface is very inviting for new and existing players.
This online sportsbook serves up to 20 different sports, including baseball, basketball, and football. All major local, national, and international competitions are featured on the platform, with a great choice of pre-game and in-play markets.
Another great reason to join XBet is that it is flexible, and for those who like to use Pennsylvania sports betting apps, they won’t be disappointed. You can download the free XBet app on Android and iOS devices, or access the feature-rich platform directly from its mobile-optimized website.
By registering a new XBet account today, you’ll be able to benefit from a generous, $500 welcome bonus. This 100% match deposit offer is subject to a rollover requirement on bets with minimum odds of 2:1. There is no expiration period for this offer. To activate it, simply enter the XBet promo code XB100 when placing your first deposit.
- 24/7 live chat support
- Quick cryptocurrency payouts
- Up to 7% horse racing rebates
- Wide range of sports markets
- Welcome bonus is smaller compared to other sites
2. BetOnline – Excellent platform for sports betting Pennsylvania and eSports
Although it isn’t the best Pennsylvania sportsbook on this list, BetOnline still has plenty going for it, so it is only right we sing its praises. One of the things that stands out about the site, is the depth of eSports markets. All major titles are featured, along with a few less popular genres. As a registered player, you’ll be able to bet on CS:GO, League of Legends, DOTA 2, Fifa, and a host of other games.
BetOnline is a powerful sportsbook featuring 20+ sports, complete with hundreds of matches and thousands of markets. You can choose between pre-game markets or bet on live games, benefitting from special short-term bets and odds boosts. This online sportsbook is ideal to bet on Eagles, Penguins, and the Philadelphia Flyers.
If you join BetOnline today, you’ll be able to claim a 50% welcome bonus worth up to $1,000. This generous bonus requires you to fulfill a rollover requirement on bets with odds of 2:1 or higher. You’ll have 30 days within which to fulfill this requirement, and they begin as soon as you enter BetOnline promo code BOL1000 and complete your first deposit.
- $1,000 welcome offers for both sports bets and casino games
- Top eSports sportsbook in PA
- Comprehensive choice of markets
- Accepts USD and cryptocurrencies
- PayPal not accepted as a payment method
3. Bovada – Superb online sports betting Pennsylvania site for live betting
Bovada is held in high regard, and it came in at number three on our list of best sports betting Pennsylvania sites, which in part is down to the quality of its live betting. By signing up to the site, you’ll be able to get access to a comprehensive in-play betting platform that includes top matches in golf, tennis, football, and soccer.
Not only that, but Bovada is perhaps the best sports betting app Pennsylvania, as you will be able to stream matches for free via your desktop or smartphone.
The Bovada sportsbook platform is available on mobile devices through a mobile-optimized website and free Android and iOS apps. These gambling apps provide a quick and easy way to place a sports bet in seconds.
If you join Bovada today to claim a 100% welcome bonus worth up to $1000 using the Bovada bonus code BVD1000. This offer has a 5x rollover requirement on bets with minimum odds of 2:1. You do not need to enter any promo code to claim this offer, simply select it when placing your first deposit.
- Superb mobile betting platform
- Great choice of Bitcoin promotions
- Live streaming available
- Excellent selection of futures markets
- No e-wallets available
4. MyBookie – One of the top sports betting in Pennsylvania sites for latest news and tips
MyBookie is a classic example of why offshore sportsbooks are well liked in Pennsylvania. Aside from being one of the most respected sports betting apps Pennsylvania, you will find a range of ongoing offers here that include reload bonuses, 8% rebates on horse race bets, and a 250% referral bonus.
This platform also welcomes cryptocurrency users, so you can fund your account using a wide variety of payment methods, including Bitcoin and Ethereum.
The MyBookie sportsbook offers a comprehensive choice of sports and top national championships. These include NFL, NBA, MLB, and NCAAB. You can also bet on international events, such as the UK’s Premier League or Spain’s La Liga.
Each event on MyBookie comes with an extensive range of markets. For example, NFL Sundays or NBA Finals feature hundreds of associated markets per event, and you will find all the best news and tips on the blog that is regularly updated.
You can sign up to MyBookie right now and claim a 100% match deposit bonus worth up to $1,000. This new player bonus is subject to a rollover requirement on bets with minimum odds of 2.5:1. There is no fixed expiration period on this offer. Enter the MyBookie promo code MYB100 to receive your MyBookie welcome bonus.
- Great choice of ongoing promotions
- Cryptocurrency users are well supported
- Top odds for live bets
- Provides the best news and tips for the latest tournaments
- A limited choice of eSports available
5. BetUS – Great Pennsylvania legal sports betting sites for welcome bonuses
BetUS is one of the most well established sports betting Pennsylvania sites. Since arriving on the scene in 1994, BetUS has gained a reputation for offering superb odds, and a wide range of markets. It excels particularly in NBA matches, being amongst the first sportsbooks to feature markets for upcoming seasons.
Basketball is just one of 20+ sports featured on BetUS. As a registered player, you’ll also be able to bet on baseball, tennis, motorsports, boxing, and a host of other popular sports. You can also access novelty markets or bet on entertainment and political events.
BetUS is especially known for offering the highest-value welcome bonus in Pennsylvania. Once you register an account, you’ll be able to claim a 125% welcome bonus worth $2,500 with your first deposit. Before withdrawing your reward, you’ll have 14 days within which to fulfill a wagering requirement on bets with odds of 2.8:1 or higher. Enter the BetUS promo code JOIN125 to receive your BetUS welcome bonus.
- Extensive sports coverage throughout the site
- Superb range of eSports markets
- 24/7 live chat support
- Welcome bonus consisting of $2,500 which is very generous
- A limited choice of USD payment methods
Pennsylvania Sports Betting Sites Comparison
Let’s now take a closer look at the key features of the top 10 Pennsylvania sports betting sites.
|Pennsylvania Sportsbooks||Welcome Bonus||Promo Code||Number of Sports||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|XBet||100% deposit match up to $500||XB100||21||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|BetOnline||50% deposit match up to $1,000||BOL1000||20||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin|
|Bovada||50% match deposit up to $250||N/A||22||Yes||Credit card, debit card, Zelle, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin|
|MyBookie||100% deposit match up to $1,000||MYB100||18||No||Credit card, debit card, wire transfer, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ripple, Ethereum, Litecoin|
|BetUS||125% deposit match up to $2,500||JOIN125||22||No||Credit card, bank wire, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin|
|Intertops||100% deposit match up to $500||INSIDERS||17||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Skrill|
|SportsBetting.ag||100% deposit match up to $1,000||KICK100||16||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple|
|BetNow||100% deposit match up to $500||BN100||10||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash|
|GT Bets||100% deposit match up to $500||BOS50||18||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple|
|BUSR||20% deposit match up to $500||WELCOME20||17||No||Credit card, debit card, Bitcoin, Litecoin|
How to Bet on Sports in Pennsylvania
So, let’s show you how to bet at the best sports betting Pennsylvania site in this guide – XBet. By signing up today, you’ll be able to claim a 100% matched deposit bonus, of up to $500.
Step 1: Set up an Account
Head over to XBet, and click on the ‘Join Now’ button. This will then open up the registration form.
Step 2: Fill in Your details
Then, you will be asked to fill in a series of personal details, such as your name, phone number, email address, and mobile number.
Step 3: Verify your Email
Before you can start to deposit funds, you will need to verify your email address. Someone from the XBet team will send you a link via email, and you will need to click the confirmation link to complete this step.
Step 4: Make a Deposit
Now, click on the ‘Cashier’ to choose your preferred method of payment. Remember to enter the XBet promo code XB100 to claim the sportsbook bonus.
Step 5: Place Your Wager
Now, you will be able to visit the XBet sportsbook, and pick the markets of your choice. Enter the stake size for your bet, and you will be free to wager as you wish!
Pennsylvania sports betting has gathered momentum over the past few years, and there are plenty of land-based locations as well as online sites to wager on your favorite sports.
So, what are you waiting for? If you are eager to claim your first bonus, then take advantage of the XBet offer, which is a 100% matched deposit bonus of up to $500. Make sure you enter the promo code XB100 to activate this offer.