The UK sports betting industry is a highly competitive market, but we usually see the best betting sites rising to the top because of the quality of their service. Here we will look at the best betting sites UK players can access, explain what they offer, why they stand out and give you the information you need to sign up with them and place your bets.
The Best Betting Sites UK List 2022
Here we take a look at the best betting sites currently available for UK players to enjoy and a look at why they are seen as some of the best.
- Bet UK – One of the best betting sites for UK players with a massive range of betting options
- Kwiff – Outstanding odds and offers with a mobile-first platform
- Betfred – Known as one of the top betting sites with huge experience in the industry
- Spreadex – A combination of regular sports betting with spread betting in one place
- BoyleSports – A strong UK betting site with an excellent variety of markets to choose from
- BetStorm – A new betting platform looking to make a splash in the industry
- SBK – Modern, mobile-only betting site UK players can access
- Tebwin – Brand new sportsbook and casino in the UK
- Mr Play Sport – One of the best online betting sites for markets, with comprehensive sports coverage
- NetBet – Highly competitive betting odds for punters
- QuinnBet – Traditional betting platform with solid football and horse racing coverage
- FansBet – A site made for the fans, with excellent football betting markets and odds
- LiveScore Bet – A new operator specialising in fast-paced, live betting options
- King J Sports – Brand new betting site looking to impress, especially with football betting
- MrMega – A huge betting site with thousands of daily markets available
- bet365 – One of the market leaders on reputation, a vast service and very competitive odds
- Ladbrokes – Strong odds and offers on football markets from around the world
- William Hill – Traditional bookmaker, with great offers – particularly on horse racing
- Betway – Excellent sports coverage, including many niche sports
- MansionBet – Competitive odds and offers across many sports
Best Betting Sites UK Reviewed
1. Bet UK – One of the best betting sites for UK players with a great service
Significant terms: T&Cs apply. New customers on mobile only. 7 days to claim and stake £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater to qualify. Free, void, cashed out or partially cashed out bets do not qualify. Max 3x £10 free bets credited on bet settlement. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 or greater. Free bets are non-withdrawable and stake not returned with winnings. 7 day expiry. 18+ BeGambleAware.org
Bet UK have put together an excellent service, which stands out as one of the top UK betting sites currently on offer. They have covered all bases, with a great range of sports betting, many markets inside each event for you to use, and competitive odds so that you are constantly getting a good deal.
They offer new customers £30 in free bets when they spend £10 on sports betting on the site. The bet you place must be £10 or more on a selection with odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater. When this has been placed and settled, you will receive 3 x £10 free bets to use on the site. Free bets must be used on accumulators with four selections or more, with each selection at odds of 3/10 (1.30) or greater. The free bets must be used within seven days or will expire.
The website on offer is straightforward to use, and Bet UK also offers a mobile app for players to download if they want to play on mobile. Their in-play coverage also has a range of great sports and markets, reflecting the main service, making this one of the best betting sites if you want to bet in-play as well as before the event.
Bet UK Pros
- Great new customer welcome offer giving £30 in free bets
- Strong sports coverage, including many minor sports
- A range of betting markets and different ways to bet on popular leagues and competitions
- Extensive in-play betting section for betting during the action
- Excellent and easy to use betting app for mobile
Bet UK Cons
- No live streaming is available
2. Kwiff – Outstanding odds and offers with a mobile-first platform
Kwiff have entered the industry with a UK betting site that is trying to be different. They are focused on mobile betting and are a mobile-first platform, while they have also added in their own unique ‘kwiffed’ method of boosting bets, randomly giving you more significant returns. The odds on offer here are a little better than average, but when you combine them with the ‘kwiffed’ offer, you get a great deal on your wager.
New customers who sign up with Kwiff can claim their welcome offer – a bet £10 get £20 offer. Deposit and bet £10 or more at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater on any market in the sportsbook except each way betting. When this is settled, you will receive a £20 surprise bet from them, adding to the feeling that Kwiff likes to be different and do things a little randomly. A surprise bet is one that Kwiff place directly for you, so check out who you need to cheer on when you receive this.
If you are looking for a solid mobile UK betting site, then Kwiff have built their platform with this in mind. Their app is easy to use and is full of great features and tool so that you can be truly mobile with your betting.
- Betting with a difference, adding excitement and something new to the industry
- Get a £20 surprise bet when you bet £10 or more on the site
- A fantastic mobile platform, a company that is looking to lead with mobile betting
- Big focus on football with matches from all over the world
- The website can be a little tricky to use if betting on a computer
3. Betfred – Known as one of the top betting sites with vast experience in the industry
Betfred have a big betting reputation and tremendous experience in the industry – they have been known as one of the top 10 betting sites for a long time. In addition, being a longstanding traditional bookmaker, they have strong ties with football and horse racing, offering many ways to bet on these, plus specific betting offers for these sports, as well as others.
The new customer offer here is a bet £10 get £30 in free bets offer. Place a first bet of £10 or more at odds of 1/1 (2.00) or larger to receive the free bets. When your wager has been settled, you will receive the free bets within 24 hours, and when you receive them, you have seven days in which they must be placed.
Alongside offering excellent pre-match service, Betfred offers one of the best betting sites for in-play wagering. This includes many sports covered, lots of markets created for in-play, and live-streaming of selected events so that you can watch as the action unfolds. So if you are looking to place many in-play bets, then it is a service like this one that you should be looking for.
- Longstanding service with a rich history of offering competitive sports betting
- Get £30 in free bets as a new customer
- Excellent coverage of football and horse racing in particular
- Brilliant live betting platform including live-streaming of selected events
- The website menu system can be a little complex for new players
4. Spreadex – Combine regular sports betting with spread betting in one place
Spreadex have been operating for over two decades and made their name as a spread betting platform, focusing on financials and sports. However, now they offer fixed-odds sports betting alongside their spread markets, ideal for those wanting to do both with one account. To help them grow as a fixed-odds provider, Spreadex have been offering market-leading betting odd as they aim to grow into one of the best betting sites UK players can use.
New customers can claim a welcome offer from Spreadex, giving £35 in free bets, £25 for fixed odds betting and £10 for spread betting. To claim, place a qualifying bet of £25 or more at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater. When this has been settled, you will receive your reward of £25 in fixed odds free bets. These are given as 5 x £5 free bets, the first one immediately after settlement of your bet and then one per day for the next four days.
The two £5 spread betting free bets are for total goals betting markets and given after your first and second free fixed odds bets.
Spreadex are working hard on their fixed odds platform, which has led them to offer competitive odds to players and continue to expand the size of their sportsbook.
- Get £35 in free bets across multiple days
- Very competitive betting odds available on the sportsbook
- Combine fixed odds betting with spread betting on one site
- Simple and effective website layout, ideal for new customers
- Combining fixed odds and spread betting may be confusing for some players
5. BoyleSports – A strong UK betting site with an excellent variety of markets
A solid and longstanding name in the UK betting industry, BoyleSports is a more recognisable name on our UK betting sites list. They offer a reliable overall sports service, high-quality options on many sports, perfect for the all-round gambler who likes to bet on numerous events.
New players can claim the £25 bet bundle from BoyleSports, a great way to start a new account. The first part of this offer is a bet £10 get £5 offer, to give your first £5 free bet. Then your subsequent three bets are used – the average stake of these is matched to 50% to provide you with another free bet amount, and as long as this is £10 or more, your free bet will be £5 again. You can claim this four times, giving £20 in free bets to add to the first £5 you received, which gives £25 in total. Qualifying bets must be on the sportsbook and have minimum odds of 1/2 (1.50) or greater.
The BoyleSports service is very traditional, but with plenty of new and exciting features, such as live-betting with streaming available, and a great mobile app to use. Combine these with the strength of their markets, and this is one of the best sports betting sites available.
- Get a £25 free bet bundle as a new player
- A strong betting service for the all-round gambler
- Excellent live betting options, including the ability to stream some events
- Great depth to the betting markets, offering many ways to bet
- Free bets are spread across time, rather than given all at the start
6. BetStorm – A new betting platform looking to make a splash in the industry
BetStorm are new to the industry, aiming to be the best betting site by making a splash and coming straight in with a competitive service. They have built an impressive online sportsbook for being a new site, offering a wide variety of markets with a big focus on in-play betting. When you land on the home page, you will instantly be placed into the live section, showing how highly this service element is viewed.
New players can claim a welcome bonus – a simple bet £10 get £10 offer to enjoy. Place a qualifying bet of £10 or more at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or larger to get the free bet. There are 10x wagering requirements attached to the bonus funds before being converted to real money, and a maximum win amount of £20 is also a condition of this.
Like many new UK betting sites, BetStorm are trying to cause a splash by attracting attention, and they are doing this by offering a deep sportsbook with an excellent in-play platform for those who want to bet during events.
- Solid sportsbook from the start which could grow even bigger in the future
- Big focus on live in-play betting, an area expected to expand on the site
- Simple and easy to navigate website, perfect for new players
- High-quality football betting site, strong focus on this sport in particular
- The welcome bonus is a little complex with wagering requirements and maximum win attached
7. SBK – Modern, mobile-only betting site UK players can access
SBK offers a very different style of betting. From the same company as the betting exchange Smarkets, SBK brings you a mobile-only betting service. To place bets with them, you have to download the mobile app and wager on there.
New players can claim a welcome bonus – a money-back offer, giving up to £20 back on losses. To qualify, deposit £20 or more and place bets which must be settled within the first seven days of your account. If these show a loss, you will receive your money back in cash up to a maximum of £20.
The big standout about the SKB service is that they offer a state of the art, modern betting service. Everything is focused on modern betting, such as being mobile-only, offering superb in-play options, focusing on football and Acca betting, and much more. On top of this, they provide a great range of payment methods, including many alternatives to debit cards.
- An exciting mobile-only forward-thinking sportsbook
- Get a money-back offer as a new customer up to £20
- One of the best betting sites for football Acca betting
- Excellent variety of payment methods for players
- Not available on desktop
8. Tebwin – A brand new sportsbook and casino in the UK
Tebwin are new on the scene in the sports industry, and they are landing with a point to prove. It is clear they want to make a big impression, and they are doing that by offering competitive odds and a great range of betting markets, especially on football. Considering how new they are compared with other football betting sites, they come out very well.
A new player welcome offer is available to claim when you sign up. This is a bet £10 get £10 offer, with the qualifying bet needing to be a minimum of £10 and at odds of 1/2 (1.50) or more. It should be noted here that the bonus has 10x wagering requirements, has to be used within seven days, and has a maximum conversion of £20 from it.
If you are looking to experience one of the new betting sites, Tebwin have come into the industry with an impressive start and are on their way to being one of the best football betting sites.
- A new and exciting addition to the betting industry
- Get a £10 free bet as a new customer
- Strong betting markets, especially for football betting fans
- Wide range of in-play betting markets to use
- Complex requirements with the welcome offer
9. Mr Play Sport – One of the best online betting sites with comprehensive sports coverage
Mr Play have put together a solid sportsbook and one of the biggest positives of their service is the number of different sports they offer. So this is one of the best UK betting sites if you are looking for something different or a particular niche sport that you like.
A new player offer is available when you sign up, giving a £10 bet token when you deposit and bet £10 or more at odds of 1/1 (2.00) or greater. You must use the free bet token within 14 days and on a bet at odds of 4/5 (1.80) or greater.
On top of this welcome offer, Mr Play also have a fantastic Acca bonus for existing customers, giving a bonus on winnings of up to 77%. This starts as a 4% bonus on a winning fourfold, and for a 77% bonus, you need to land a winning 15-fold. This is an excellent offer if you love Acca betting, one of the most popular types of wagering.
Mr Play Pros
- A simple £10 free bet offer for new customers
- Excellent Acca boost offer for those who like to bet on accumulators
- One of the best betting sites for sports choice
- Great website, straightforward and effective layout
Mr Play Cons
- Welcome bonus a little smaller than some others available
10. NetBet – Highly competitive betting odds for punters
NetBet are an experienced provider with a great looking platform. They are certainly one of the best online bookies when it comes to the feel of the site, how easy it is to navigate and how well things are presented. On top of that, they offer great odds, some of the best on the market – this is a site from the UK betting sites list where you know you will get a good deal.
New players can claim the welcome offer from NetBet, giving a £10 free bet token plus up to 100 free spins to spend on the online casino section of the site. To claim, deposit and stake a bet of £10 or more across any sport and market, either as a single or an acca with two selections or more. There are no minimum odds, and when you receive your free bet and spins, you have seven days to use them before expiry.
On top of this, they have both an Acca boost offer plus an Acca refund offer that you can use, making them potentially the best betting site for accas.
- Excellent betting odds, some of the best on the market
- A great looking site, easy to navigate and everything presented well
- Get a £10 free bet plus up to 100 free casino spins as a new player
- Acca boost and refund bonuses for existing players to enjoy
- The site does not offer live streaming of in-play events
Best Sports Betting Sites UK Comparison
|Betting Site||Sports||Bonus||Live Streaming||Payment Methods|
|Bet UK||30+||Bet £10 get £30||N||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal|
|Kwiff||20+||Bet £10 get a surprise £20||N||Visa, Mastercard|
|Betfred||30+||Bet £10 get £30||Y||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe card, bank transfer|
|Spreadex||20+||Bet £25 get £35||Y||Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer|
|BoyleSports||30+||Free bet bundle of £25||Y||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe card, Boku, Apple Pay, Google Pay, bank transfer|
|BetStorm||30+||Bet £10 get £10||N||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Paysafe card, Trustly, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, Pay by Phone|
|SBK||20+||Get £20 cashback||N||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, bank transfer|
|Tebwin||20+||Bet £10 get £10||N||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Paysafe card, Trustly, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, Pay by Phone|
|Mr Play||30+||Bet £10 get £10||N||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe card, Trustly, Astro Pay|
|NetBet||20+||Bet £10 get £10 + 100 spins||N||Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, Trustly, Paysafe card|
How We Select the Best UK Betting Sites
Range of Markets
The range of markets on offer plays a big part in finding the best betting site. Bookies such as Bet UK and BoyleSports stand out here, offering a massive range of different markets, so there is always something new and fresh to enjoy.
The best online bookies have a range of offers, with a solid welcome offer and then further offers for existing customers, to ensure they keep getting a good deal. Kwiff has a unique offer of their own, while NetBet, Betfred, and Mr Play offer excellent ongoing offers.
Live Betting & Streaming
Many bookmakers take live-betting very seriously, but the best also offer the ability to live-stream alongside live-betting. For example, bookies such as Betfred and BoyleSports offer live-streaming options and live-betting across many different sports.
Minimum & Maximum Stakes
These only affect a specific number of people, but we want to ensure that a betting site looks after everyone. So minimum stakes need to be low enough for all to get involved, while maximum stakes need to be good to avoid big players looking elsewhere.
Finding a safe and secure payment method that you trust is essential, as we all take financial transactions online seriously. Bet UK, Betfred, and SBK all offer a wide range of payment options, making them some of the best betting sites for this.
More and more people are turning to mobile betting and UK betting sites now have to offer this as part of their service to avoid being left behind. Mobile play allows you to take your betting site anywhere with you and means you can claim the best betting site offers at a convenient time.
All customers hope that they never need to use the customer service team for help and advice. However, from time to time, people do need help, and knowing that a strong team is in place with the best online bookies is vital. They are available at any time of the day, and this is undoubtedly one of the things that the best betting sites do to put customers at ease.
Licensing and Security
The best betting site needs to be fully licensed and secure for players. Whether this is an established name or new betting site UK players can play on, finding a licensed platform is vitally important. Look for a license from the UK Gambling Commission and financial regulations from the FCA to give you peace of mind.
Best Betting Offers UK
Free bets are one of the best betting offers available, and you can get these on many online betting sites. A free bet is exactly what it says, a free wager for you to place on the site. You will have a value that this is worth, and just look out for odds restrictions, maximum winnings or bet restrictions on the free bet, so you know what you can do with it.
A money-back bet is essentially insurance for a wager you are placing. For example, money back if your first bet loses, up to £20. This means that if you place your first bet and the stake is £20, should the bet lose, rather than being left with nothing, you will receive your £20 stake back. These also have restrictions to look out for and always check if your stake is returned as cash or as a free bet.
Rather than giving you the regular odds on a wager, an enhanced odds offer increases them, giving you bigger winnings if they win. These are usually for significant single events, where you may be given 20/1 or 30/1 on a team or a horse to win, rather than the smaller standard odds.
The final offer from online bookies is a winnings boost. Like enhanced odds, this only kicks in if you win your bet, and when you do, the winnings you receive will be boosted. This means increasing your returns, so effectively betting at higher odds, so look out for these offers if you want bigger payouts on your winning bets.
Sportsbook Bonus Offers Terms & Conditions
When you claim one of the betting sites offers, there will be terms and conditions attached to the offer that you need to adhere to, and it is always best to know what these are before you start to avoid any issues.
- Minimum & maximum stake and deposit – many offers will have a minimum and maximum stake or deposit figure that you will need to hit to claim the bonus. Something too small would see you missing out on the bonus completely
- Minimum odds – If you are placing a qualifying bet or using a free bet token, there may be minimum odds attached to the wager, either on single selections or cumulative if you are placing an Acca bet
- Bet type – some offers will have limited bet types – for example, your free bet has to be an acca with three or more selections
- Maximum winnings – there may be something attached that gives you a maximum amount of winnings you can claim from bonus funds or free bets – check this out, so you aren’t trying too hard to win big when there could be a limit on your winnings
- Expiry – lookout for expiry dates, when free bets and bonuses have to be spent by
Best Mobile Sports Betting Apps
The best betting sites offer players the chance to play via a mobile, as many prefer that. A standout mobile option is SBK, simply because this is a mobile-only bookmaker. Other excellent options are Kwiff and Bet UK, where you can bet on mobile or use their iOS and Android app to place your wagers.
With mobile betting on the rise, more bookmakers are finding themselves devoting more of their service to the mobile audience. Not only should players be able to bet on mobile, but they should be able to fully control their account and do anything required via a betting app or mobile site.
New UK Betting Sites
We continue to see a wave of new betting sites hitting the market. These have to come and do something big to attract attention and business because they don’t have the customer base or traditional name that some other providers do.
For this reason, many great online betting sites are new bookmakers because they go to great lengths to put things in place, such as solid offers, competitive odds, and big markets – all to try and attract people in.
Most Established UK Bookmakers
Established bookmakers have been there and done it all before, and through experience alone, these can often be some of the best betting sites on the market. While some new sites have to use trial and error to see what works, established bookies know precisely what to do in each situation. They also cover traditional betting sports better, so the best horse betting site is far more likely to be an established bookmaker.
New sites ensure that the established names keep improving and adding to their service to ensure they are not overtaken.
eSports Betting Sites
The world of competitive gaming is on the rise, with many people looking for an eSports betting site to place their wagers on the action. With many competitions taking place from all over the world regularly, betting on eSports has become far more popular than it was in the past, which has increased the audience.
Many games are popular, and some betting sites focus specifically on specific games, such as CS:GO betting sites. Others offer a broad range of markets across several different games. In addition, eSports betting has evolved to include live in-play betting, more markets and even live-streaming, showing just how popular it is.
Live Betting & Streaming at UK Bookies
In-play betting and the ability to live-stream are vitally important for some punters and are only set to get more important in the future. Therefore, the best betting sites need to offer live betting as a minimum and then live-streaming as an extra positive on top.
The bookies Betfred and BoyleSports both offer a comprehensive live betting platform, as well as great live-streaming options, part of the reason many see those as the best betting sites available.
UK Betting Sites with Cash Out
Cash-out is a practical and increasingly popular tool, with the best betting sites offering their punters the chance to cash-out on bets.
There are two ways to do this. Full cash-out is cashing out the entire bet, taking the offer given to you by your bookmaker based on the results in your games at the moment.
This is the most common way of using cash-out if all of your teams are ahead – you can cash out for profit, rather than letting the bet ride and risk one of them losing the lead.
There is also the option with some bookmakers to partially cash-out your bets, which means you cash out a percentage of your stake but then leave the rest running. This may allow you to lock in a profit and keep part of the bet running to try and land more profit.
UK Betting Sites Payment Methods
|Betting Site||Min Deposit||Min Withdrawal||Payment Methods|
|Bet UK||£10||£10||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal|
|Betfred||£5||£5||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe card, bank transfer|
|Spreadex||No minimum||No minimum||Visa, Mastercard, bank transfer|
|BoyleSports||£5||£5||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe card, Boku, Apple Pay, Google Pay, bank transfer|
|BetStorm||£10||£5||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Paysafe card, Trustly, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, Pay by Phone|
|SBK||£10||£10||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, bank transfer|
|Tebwin||£10||£5||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Paysafe card, Trustly, MuchBetter, EcoPayz, Pay by Phone|
|Mr Play||£10||£5||Visa, Mastercard, Paypal, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafe card, Trustly, Astro Pay|
|NetBet||£10||£5||Mastercard, Visa, Paypal, Trustly, Paysafe card|
Choosing Secure & Trusted UK Betting Sites
There are two crucial areas you need to look at when choosing secure and trusted betting sites. First, by feeling safe and secure, you can fully enjoy your betting experience without worry and distraction, which is what we all want.
The best betting sites will have a license in place, with the UK version of this being one of the best in the world and being handed out and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission. This is a well-regulated license – you know that when a site has this, they have proven their ability to run a betting operation correctly, and they are regularly checked on this.
Secondly, look out for FCA licensing from the Financial Conduct Authority, which looks into UK companies’ financial dealings. This is all about seeing financial security from your betting site, an essential aspect of you feeling safe while betting.
How to Get Started with a Top UK Betting Site
Here we will show the easy steps needed to sign up with one of the best betting sites, and in this example, we will use Bet UK.
- Visit the Bet UK website by clicking the link to take you to the landing page.
- On here, look for a green button named ‘join now’ and click on this to start.
- Enter an email, create a username and password and then fill in personal details such as name, date of birth, address and phone number.
- At this point your account is created, then it is time to add a payment method and make a deposit into the account.
- Be sure the deposit is using a method and of an amount so you can claim the welcome offer.
- Place your first bet on the site, and watch out for the bonus funds appearing in your account.
Top 5 Sports Betting Tips
1. Know what you want to bet on
It is essential to know what you want to bet on. This should cover everything, from the market to bet type and sport. Yes, trying something new is always great, but rather than being random, try and have a strategy to use on the best betting site.
2. Be on the lookout for regular offers
New customer offers grab the headlines, but existing customer offers are just as important. The best betting sites offer these, and just like you look out for regular offers in other aspects of life, make sure you do this with your betting to get the best deal.
3. Manage your expectations
One of the most important aspects of sports betting is to manage your expectations. You will not win every bet you place, and understanding that is key, as you don’t want to let losing affect you. Try to simplify your bets or solely focus on sports you know if you feel like you are struggling.
4. Use in-play betting to your advantage
In-play betting is a new feature available on UK betting sites, offering a great opportunity. You no longer have to guess on challenging games – simply watch a short period of the game to gauge what is happening and what you think will happen in the future. In-play betting allows you a real-time look at those taking part.
5. Look for new and exciting features
Betting should always be fun, and sports betting sites create a range of features to offer this to their players. Look for things to use such as cash out, boosts and random offers like ‘kwiffed’ from Kwiff, all designed by UK betting sites to keep things fresh and entertaining.
There are many great online betting sites for players to enjoy, each offering a slightly different service. Bet UK is right up there as being the best betting site currently available, with an excellent service that players love.
The site is regarded as one of the best betting sites UK players can use because it offers a wide range of sports, has strong betting markets, has a tremendous in-play betting section, and offers mobile gaming via their app.
With so many sports betting sites to choose from, it is vital to figure out what suits you best and where the best site is – Bet UK is undoubtedly one all players should check out.