The Baltimore Ravens will apply the franchise tag to quarterback Lamar Jackson if a deal is not reached by Tuesday’s 4 p.m. ET deadline. Ravens executive vice president Ozzie Newsome told “The Bernie Kosar Show” that the team will be working until the deadline to sign Jackson to a long-term deal.
“Today and up until 3:30 tomorrow, a lot of energy will be utilized in trying to get a deal done,” Newsome said. “If not, we will put the franchise tag on him.”
Ozzie Newsome, who still has a very big voice in the Ravens front office as Executive VP, on Lamar Jackson:
“Today and up until 3:30 tomorrow, a lot of energy will be utilized in trying to get a deal done. And if not, we will put the franchise tag on him.”pic.twitter.com/JblFdqZ6yV
— Sarah Ellison (@sgellison) March 6, 2023
Which Tag Will The Ravens Use On Lamar Jackson?
In all likelihood, Jackson will be franchise tagged by the Ravens on Tuesday. However, the type of tag is still a remaining question.
There are two forms of the franchise tag: exclusive and non-exclusive.
With the exclusive tag, the Ravens control Jackson’s contract rights and trade talks in 2023. The exclusive tag is projected to cost around $45 million.
The non-exclusive tag allows Jackson to speak with other NFL teams. If another team offers Jackson a contract, the Ravens have the right to match any offer sheet. If they decide to let Jackson sign with another team, the Ravens will receive two first-round picks. The non-exclusive tag is cheaper than the exclusive tag at just over $32 million.
Falcons, Jets The Favorite To Land Lamar Jackson If Baltimore Passes
If the Ravens allow Jackson to sign with another team, where will the former MVP sign?
BetOnline has the Atlanta Falcons as the favorite to sign Jackson at +250. Last offseason, the Falcons were in the running for quarterback Deshaun Watson before the Cleveland Browns traded for his services.
The New York Jets +300, Tampa Bay Buccaneers +450, Las Vegas Raiders +600, and New England Patriots +900 round out the top five.
View the chart for Jackson’s next team odds via BetOnline.
|Lamar Jackson’s Next Team Odds If Not Baltimore Ravens||Odds||Play|
|New York Jets||+300|
|Tampa Bay Buccaneers||+450|
|Las Vegas Raiders||+600|
|New England Patriots||+900|
|San Francisco 49ers||+1200|
NFL Betting Guides 2023
- NFL Betting Guide – Discover Best NFL Betting Sites in USA Ranked & Reviewed.
- NFL Betting Apps Guide – Compare the Best Apps for NFL Betting Ranked & Reviewed.
- NFL Live Betting Guide – Compare Best NFL In Play Betting Sites.
- The Latest NFL Odds – Compare the Best Football Odds & Lines.
- NFL Spread Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Football Spread Bets.
- NFL Totals Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Football Totals Bets.
- NFL Futures Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to Win Football Futures Bets.
- NFL Moneyline Odds Explained – Expert Guide on How to win Football Moneyline Bets.
- Free NFL Picks – Check Expert Football Picks & Predictions.
- Free NFL Picks Against The Spread – Check Expert NFL Picks Against the Spread.