- The Angels continue to be snake-bit by in the injury bug as Torii Hunter is expected to miss a few days with bruised ribs after trying to run through the outfield wall in San Fran. I wonder if Scioscia has the huevos to start S-Rod in centerfield instead of Private Matthews who we all know is lousy.
- Vlad Guerrero has begun a throwing program as he continues to get fully healthy from an early season pectoral injury. If Vlady is only just now starting to throw again, this tells me just how far from healthy he really is, explaining his continued struggles at the plate. Why the Angels didn’t give him more time to heal up is beyond me.
- Buried deep in this column, a Minnesota sportswriter suggests the Twins go after former Golden Gopher Robb Quinlan, he even goes so far to call Q a “slugger.” After I stopped laughing hysterically I thought about what the Twins would have to give up for Q and the most reasonable trade demand I could come up with was a rosin bag and a new Gatorade cooler, but that might be pushing it.
- Mike Scioscia insists that Guerrero hasn’t lost any batspeed (despite the visual evidence to the contrary) and the the former MVP is merely putting to much pressure on himself to perform. EIther way, Vlady getting some time off to rest his chest and/or mind during these interleague games seems like a good idea.
- An interesting bit of stat work from the good people at FutureAngels.com points out the Brandon Wood has struggled mightily to hit well outside of the better hitter’s parks in the PCL.
- Now that Kelvim Escobar is headed to the bullpen, he has changed his personal goals and wants to prove that to prospective teams that he is a viable closer candidate when he hits free agency this summer.
NFL 11m ago
The Green Bay Packers selected Rashan Gary of Michigan with the 12th overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft. The coaching staff was very high (…)
Barry Melrose Rocks 7hr ago
https://twitter.com/PredsNHL/status/1282511241890729985 This is the perfect contemplation of our time. The Predators are very excited just (…)
NFL 9hr ago
The start of the 2020 NFL season looms closer, with rookies reporting to training camp in just two weeks, and there’s still doubt as to (…)
Chargers 10hr ago
Chargers running back Austin Ekeler is now the team’s featured workhorse, with Melvin Gordon having departed in free agency, but (…)
Bengals 11hr ago
It’s been believed that superstar receiver AJ Green is very much in the Bengals’ long-term plans, as that’s been the word around the team, (…)
Promoted 12hr ago
Scott Dixon of Auckland, New Zealand has had a fantastic start to the 2020 IndyCar season. Just how good has this been? Well, on Saturday, (…)