New York is one of the biggest sports cities globally, so there will always be a demand for New York sports betting. We will talk you through everything you need to know in this guide, including the best New York betting sites.
Best New York Sports Betting Sites May, 2022
50% match deposit bonus worth up to $1,000
- Huge Range of Sports Markets
- Live In-Game Betting
- $1,000 Welcome Bonus
100% deposit match up to $1,000
- HD-Quality Live Streaming Service
- Huge Bitcoin Bonuses
- Wide Range of eSports
100% deposit match up to $1,000
- Big Contests & Promotions
- NFL and NBA futures betting
- $1,000 Welcome Bonus
Up to $2,500 deposit match
- Biggest Welcome Bonus
- Stream Analysis Sports Shows
- 24/7 Customer Support
100% deposit match up to $500
- Top Horse Racing Sportsbook
- 7% rebate on all horse race wagers
- Generous Reload Bonuses
Up To $150 Sign Up Bonus
- High Quality Sports Betting App
- Top High Limit Sportsbook
- Speedy Payouts
50% deposit match up to $1000
- All-In-One Gambling Site
- Various Betting Options & Promotions
- Accepts All US Customers
100% welcome bonus up to $500
- Most Competitive Reload Bonus
- Live In-Play Betting
- 10% Weekly Rebate on Horse Racing
100% welcome bonus up to $500
- Reputable Sportsbook
- Brilliant VIP Program
- Impressive Casino & Racebook Bets
The Best New York Sports Betting Sites List 2022
If you are looking for the best New York sports betting sites, you’re in luck – we have compiled a list of the best sportsbooks in New York, highlighting their best features to help you choose the right one for you.
- BetOnline – Biggest New York sports betting site with a great choice
- Bovada – Huge worldwide sports coverage with many sports
- MyBookie – An online sportsbook in NY offering great odds
- BetUS – The perfect beginner platform with simple and easy menus
- XBet – Best New York sportsbook for the top events
- Intertops – Bet on the big US sports leagues here
- Sportsbetting.ag – Great prop betting opportunities with this NY sportsbook
- BetNow – Bet on events around the world covering a wide range of sports
- GT Bets – Get hugely competitive odds on this New York sports betting site
- BUSR – Bet in play across many markets with this sportsbook
Is Sports Betting Legal in New York?
Yes, we now have opportunities for legal sports betting in New York. However, at the moment, this is only retail in-person betting, so if you want a bet you have to go and visit your local sports betting facility.
There is hope that the laws will change to allow mobile and online betting in the state at some point, but that hasn’t happened yet. This means that if you want to place a bet online from the comfort of your own home then you have to play with an offshore online sportsbook in NY. These are not based inside New York but licensed and regulated elsewhere, which is why they are available to players.
If it’s NY online sports betting you are looking for, there are many great options for players in the state. However, online sportsbooks offering betting inside New York have to be offshore bookmakers – they cannot be operating from within the state due to gambling laws.
These all offer New York state residents mobile sports betting and wagering on a computer, so you can bet most conveniently, depending on where you are and what you are doing.
There are many options for those looking for land-based New York sports betting opportunities. The table below shows where you can currently find locations to place sports bets in the state and who operates them.
|Location||Sports Betting Operator|
|Rivers Casino Schenectady||Kambi|
|Del Lago Casino||DraftKings|
|Resorts World Catskills||Genting|
|Turning Stone Casino||Caesars Entertainment|
|Point Place Casino||Caesars Entertainment|
|Yellow Brick Road Casino||Caesars Entertainment|
|Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino||Kambi|
|Seneca Allegany Casino||Kambi|
|Seneca Niagara Casino||Kambi|
|Akwesasne Mohawk Casino||The Stars Group|
New York Horse Racing & Off-Track Betting
Horse racing is treated slightly differently from sports betting and is legal for players in New York, with both on and off-track betting. If you are betting off track, you can use a mobile app or go online and place bets on upcoming races.
You can also place bets at the track if you are going for a day at the races. The first recorded horse race in New York took place back in 1665 and it continues to be incredibly popular today.
New York Sports Betting Legislation Timeline
2013 – Legal sports betting in New York is first discussed and legislation is put forward
2018 – The Supreme Court lifts Laws prohibiting sports betting in New York
2019 – Legalized sports betting is finalized and begins in New York
2021 – Action begins to legalize NY mobile sports betting in the future
Offshore Betting in New York
The offshore betting industry is still thriving in New York. It will continue to do so until the operators inside the state are allowed to offer mobile and online sports betting alongside retail betting.
Offshore providers are licensed and regulated elsewhere, outside of New York, meaning they can offer their services to players inside the state. Offshore betting will always exist in New York – even when laws change to include mobile and online betting in the state for providers – it will just exist alongside this instead of being the only option.
Are Daily Fantasy Sports Legal in New York?
As things stand at the minute, daily fantasy sports are illegal in New York. They have previously been legal in the state and maybe legal again soon, but right now they are unlawful.
This is because they are deemed to be a form of gambling rather than a game of skill. This means that players are not allowed to participate via their phones or online. Daily fantasy sports are hugely popular in the US, but the rise of online gambling in New York and other states has pushed them towards inclusion within the gambling industry rather than the games industry.
New York Casino Laws
Casino gaming is legal in New York and you have many options if you want to visit a casino. Key to note here is that casino gaming is only allowed in person and just like New York online sports betting, online casino gaming is not yet legal.
Tribal casinos became legal for casino gaming in 1993 and were followed by commercial casinos, which became legal in 2013. In terms of online gaming, it is best to keep an eye on NY sports betting because if that becomes legal, online casino gaming probably won’t be too far behind.
If you want to visit a casino in New York then you have plenty of options. These include tribal casinos, commercial casinos, and those inside racetracks.
|Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort – Hogansburg||873 NY-37|
|Batavia Downs – Batavia||8315 Park Rd.|
|Del Lago Casino – Waterloo||1133 State Route 414|
|Empire City Casino – Yonkers||810 Yonkers Ave.|
|Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack – Farmington||5857 NY-96|
|Hamburg Gaming – Hamburg||5820 South Park Ave.|
|Lakeside Entertainment – Union Springs||271 Cayuga St.|
|Monticello Casino & Raceway – Monticello||204 NY-17B|
|Resorts World Casino – Jamaica||110-00 Rockaway Blvd.|
|Resorts World Catskills – Monticello||888 Resorts World Dr.|
|Rivers Casino & Resort – Schenectady||1 Rush Street|
|Saratoga Gaming and Raceway – Saratoga Springs||342 Jefferson St.|
|Seneca Allegany Casino – Salamanca||777 Seneca Allegany Blvd.|
|Seneca Buffalo Creek Casino – Buffalo||1 Fulton St.|
|Seneca Gaming – Irving||11099 Erie Rd.|
|Seneca Gaming – Oil Spring||5374 W Shore Rd.|
|Seneca Gaming – Salamanca||768 Broad St.|
|Seneca Niagara Casino – Niagara Falls||310 4th St.|
|Tioga Downs – Nichols||2384 W. River Rd.|
|Turning Stone Resort Casino – Verona||5218 Patrick Rd.|
|Vernon Downs – Vernon||4229 Stuhlman Rd.|
|Yellow Brick Road Casino – Chittenango||800 W. Genesee St.|
If you have looked at New York sports betting online then online casino gaming in NY is precisely the same. However, operators inside the state are not legally allowed to offer gaming online so, with this in mind – you need to find an offshore casino to play in if you want to play from home.
These are licensed and regulated but don’t operate from within the state, meaning they can provide services which New York players can sign up for. The two industries are closely matched, so if New York mobile sports betting becomes legal, mobile casino gaming is likely to be close behind.
How Gambling is Taxed in New York
If you are a winning punter in New York then you will have to fill in a tax form and pay taxes on your winnings. This is set at a fixed percentage based on the amount you win – the more you win, the bigger the rate you will pay.
Here are the current tax percentages for single people or those who fill in their tax returns separate from anyone else.
- $0 to $8,500: 4%
- $8,501 to $11,700: 4.5%
- $11,701 to $13,900: 5.25%
- $13,901 to $21,400: 5.9%
- $21,401 to $80,650: 6.09%
- $80,651 to $215,400: 6.41%
- $215,401 to $1,077,550: 6.85%
- $1,077,551 and above: 8.82%
Best New York Sportsbooks Reviewed
1. BetOnline – Biggest New York sports betting site with a great choice
BetOnline is one of the best New York betting sites and the main reason for that is its size. Whether you are betting on local teams, US leagues, or something happening on the other side of the world, betting markets are very strong here and there are plenty of options for punters.
They cover the top events and lots of niche sports leagues that you won’t find on every NY sportsbook. So if you are looking for choice and the most extensive sportsbook, this is right at the top of the list.
When you sign up with BetOnline, you can claim their new player welcome bonus. This is a 50% matched deposit offer, available up to $1000. You have to use the code BOL1000 to get access to this great offer and have to wager the bonus 10x before you can withdraw. This fantastic bonus gives you the chance to get off to a great start on the site.
- A big welcome offer for new players
- Excellent in-play betting service for when the games kick-off
- Lots of sports and leagues to bet on, including niche leagues from around the world
- Look out for mobile-only and reload bonuses to use
- The site does not currently offer a downloadable app
2. Bovada – Huge worldwide sports coverage with many sports
The Bovada sportsbook has an excellent reputation with those taking part in New York sports betting and there are two main reasons for this.
The first is the odds they offer – these are excellent and stand up with the best that other sportsbooks offer.
Secondly, this is one of the best New York sportsbooks for choice. Whether you want local sports, Asian basketball, European ice hockey or some other niche event, this is your best chance of finding it covered. In addition, Bovada offers markets and leagues that some others don’t, helping it stand out from the crowd.
When you sign up with Bovada, you can claim their welcome bonus. This is a matched deposit offer of 50% matched up to a maximum of $1000. This is a great starting offer and has wagering requirements of just 5x attached to it, so you can start exploring this deep sportsbook right away.
- One of the largest New York sports betting options with thousands of markets daily
- Look out for the excellent welcome bonus for new players
- Daily special bets for the NFL and NBA
- Competitive betting odds that stand up well against any other sportsbook
- Browser only mobile betting, no downloadable mobile
3. MyBookie – One of the best sportsbooks in New York offering great odds
If it’s the best possible deal on sports betting you want then you need somewhere with great odds, and MyBookie certainly offers those. They are set up as a sportsbook that offers highly competitive odds – the best around on many occasions – this makes them extremely popular because some see them as the best New York betting site.
On top of this, MyBookie prioritizes the big US sports leagues – the NFL, NBA, NHL and MLB – offering strong markets, great odds, and some special bets to keep a lookout for.
If you are a new player at MyBookie, they have a welcome bonus available. This is a 100% matched offer, up to $1000. Not only this, MyBookie also gives new players a $20 casino chip to use on the site. Bonus bets can be at any odds, but you need to complete a 10x wagering requirement before you can withdraw your bonus funds.
- Brilliant sportsbook for US leagues including the NFL, NBA, NHL, and MLB
- Some of the best odds available of any New York mobile sports betting operator
- Get 100% matched on your first deposit up to $1000
- Look out for further bonuses such as reload bonuses on the site
- Navigation can be a little tricky at first here, and players will need to learn the site
4. BetUS – The perfect beginner platform with simple and easy menus
If you are brand new to New York sports betting and are looking for a newbie-friendly platform to place your bets, then BetUS could be the one for you. This site is straightforward to use and they make everything easy for their players, with simple menus and a nice layout on both the computer and mobile versions of the site.
Not only that, but if you are new to BetUS, you can use their new player welcome offer to get you started. To claim this, you’ll need to use the code JOIN125. This covers both sports betting and casino gaming. For sports, you get a 100% matched deposit up to $2500 with a 10x wagering requirement. The casino bonus is a 25% matched bonus, available up to $625 with a 30x wagering requirement.
- Unique welcome offer for both sports and casino
- Strong coverage when it comes to prop bets
- An impressive website that is incredibly easy to use, even as a beginner
- Excellent coverage of US sports leagues
- If you are claiming the bonus, min deposit is high at $100
5. XBet – Best New York sportsbook for top events
If you are looking to bet on the top sporting events then XBet are the sportsbook for you. They have them all listed as others do, but this site has a menu system that offers shortcuts to featured items, typically the biggest events. So rather than navigating through sports and leagues, these events are just one click away!
This includes top events from the US and the world, so if you are looking for the big ones, head over to XBet where they have them and put them just one click away.
When you sign up with XBet as a new player, you can claim their welcome bonus. This is a 100% matched offer, up to $500 for new players. There are no minimum odds, but there is a 7x rollover requirement on the bonus, so keep this in mind.
- Use the featured events menu to get into the biggest games and competitions with just one click
- Get a fantastic welcome offer with 100% matched up to $500
- Check out the highly competitive odds on offer
- Move around the site using the user-friendly and interactive menu system
- While pre-game betting is easy to navigate, live betting looks a little complex
New York Betting Sites Comparison
|Betting Site||Bonus||Promo Code||Payment Methods|
|BetOnline||50% matched up to $1000||BOL1000||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|Bovada||50% matched up to $1000||None||Debit cards, credit cards, Rapid Transfer|
|MyBookie||100% matched up to $1000||None||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|BetUS||100% matched up to $2500 + casino 25% up to $625||None||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency|
|XBet||100% matched up to $500||None||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|Intertops||100% matched up to $200||None||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Skrill, Neteller|
|SportsBetting.ag||50% matched up to $1000||SB1000||Debit cards, credit cards, wire transfer, cryptocurrency, cheque, EcoPayz|
|BetNow||100% matched up to $500||BN100||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Person 2 Person|
|GT Bets||100% matched up to $500 plus 50% matched up to $250||None||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, quickcash|
|BUSR||50% matched up to $500||None||Debit cards, credit cards, cryptocurrency, Direct Deposit|
How to Use a NY Sportsbook
The great news is that signing up to play with the best New York sportsbook is very easy to do. In the following example, we will walk you through the process with BetOnline, known as being one of the best New York betting sites.
- To start New York sports betting, click on our link above to visit the BetOnline website
- When you hit the BetOnline page, look out for the green button that says ‘join now’
- Fill in the sign-up sheet with your name, date of birth, and address – this is a standard procedure for all New York sports betting sites
- That will have created an account – the next step is to verify it. To do this, upload a photo ID and statements or bills to prove your name and address
- Now you can make your first deposit, make sure to keep the welcome offer terms and conditions in mind to ensure you get the best deal you can from it
- The funds and bonus will now be in your account, so it is time to explore the site and begin your New York sports betting adventure
The face of New York sports betting continues to evolve and grow, and there are undoubtedly more changes to come in the future. Retail sports betting is legal but if you want to bet online, you need to go offshore to find the best New York betting site.
Should things change in the future, offshore betting will still be there as an option for players who want it and considering the competition in the market – these are a great option and likely to get better. Being such a vibrant sporting city, the battle to be one of the best sportsbooks in New York will continue to be fierce, and that can only be good for punters as it means the offerings and service will continue to improve.
If you want to start betting in New York today, sign up to BetOnline for a $1,000 welcome bonus!